Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I would have had better memories of Turok 1 if not for the platforming (and the keys, and the platforming required to reach keys). I got fed up fast and used cheats to get all the guns, infinite ammo, and boss warps, which was great if only because I got to do less wandering around in search of things that weren't guys to shoot, though I never got to see the rest of the actual game. Turok 2 looked like it had less of that and more of the actually fun part (killing bad guys in gory ways) but I never did get a hold of it. Looking forward to seeing what I missed!

e: The visual clipping certainly wasn't as bad on a legit N64 but it definitely happened even on the regular system, usually while climbing. I also could have sworn there was a no-clip cheat I used which is extremely weird for a console game.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

I always wondered why the box art for Turok: Dinosaur Hunter had someone different than the Turok that you play as (Tal Set). The mini comic that comes with the instruction booklet has both Tal Set and the guy on the box. Ultimately the Turok that isn't Tal Set defeats the Campaigner by stumping him with baseball trivia or that old "Who's on first" bit. Something baseball related, in any case. I'm not sure exactly how that works but it was an interesting read.

It was a question about the Abbot and Costello setup you mentioned, namely what the name of the player on second base was. This was Joshua Fireseed's (the other Turok) way of 'outsmarting' the Campaigner. It's viewable here if you want to look at it again.

fake e: I may be beat on comic info but not a way to see the comic!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The cheats were fantastic though. I mean who wouldn't want to use all weapons with infinite ammo on big head mode enemies permanently in slow-mo? Children nowadays are deprived, I tell ya.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yeah it came off a bit awkward that they just told us to kill the sisters without going into any detail at all. At least the tri-tank is awesome while it lasts, but it'd be a shame for that to not show up again.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I would have probably finished JFG if not for the as-mentioned Tribal collection. Some of the levels you unlock after getting that task are really neat and the spaceship parts are not entirely unreasonable but gently caress having to replay levels over again to find all of the Tribals without a walkthrough.

• Locked thread