Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Man, I just can't imagine playing this with a controller. Just watching the videos makes me a little bit motion sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Zain posted:

Part of me wonders what happened to Turok. Like why did it lose its charm?

The games generally aged pretty badly because they were just HAMMERED by the technical limitations of the time, like the draw distance so bad that Turok has become a persistent callback whenever something has a poo poo draw distance, and generally the early-3D graphics that have just aged really poorly because there's nothing really stylized to them that plays to simplicity.

So I think that kind of killed a lot of Turok-nostalgia and meant no one was really all that eager to pick it up and run with it later.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

If you were playing on a lower difficulty level, would you possibly have had access to grenades to blow up those stalactites, to access the new weapon and other goodies, by that point?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Oooooooooh.

Wow, that's a totally dick move, then.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

It almost seems like the level design EXPECTS you to abuse diagonal-strafe-jumping.

• Locked thread