Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.
I started playing Turok 2 when the LP took off in an effort to finish what I never could when I was a stupid kid. I wound up making it to Lair of the Blind Ones and then gave up when I got stuck on a puzzle and haven't picked it back up again. I'd also like to say that River of Souls can go gently caress itself.

Crigit posted:

the loving awesome music in the first stage, port of Adia.

Hell yes it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1A4dlQy0ko

Y-Hat posted:

Joshua Fireseed's "I AM TUROK" doesn't sound as good as Tal Set's, but he certainly does say it with more enthusiasm.

Y'all are just a bunch of haters. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

That's a late-era N64 game for you. DK64 and Banjo-Tooie were the same way.

At least Tooie wasn't as horrible a collectathon as DK64 was. Jiggies, Jinjos and to a lesser extent, honeycomb pieces. Whereas DK64 was closer to: "Here, collect all these balloons and banans and coins and poo poo. Okay, now do that 5 more times. Per level."

PSWII60 posted:

Not ashamed to say I took DK64 to completion.

You poor tortured soul.

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Even stupid kid me playing with cheats would never not use that gun. "Eh, I'll use something else for a while. Meh, this is boring, I'm going back to literally the best gun ever."

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

PSWII60 posted:

CYF, local police, and Animal Friends have showed up at my house in the past couple weeks

Dude, what.

...Did you do something to piss off your HOA? Spot of oil on the driveway, park by the curb, miss a blade of grass when you were mowing the lawn or something?

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Oh poo poo, thanks for reminding me! I got caught up in ME: Andromeda early access and forgot that was today.

Just started Port of Adia and it's freaking great. It runs at 60 FPS even on my turd of a 6 year old computer. It really makes all the difference, this game is even more of a blast to play with a good framerate.

E: Oh, also! I skipped the Turok 1 remaster so I dunno if it was present there, but they've added a clamber feature into Turok 2 so laser-precise jumps are basically a thing of the past.

This game is outstanding.

Tofu Survivor fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 16, 2017

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

So, um. As fun as the game is and how great it runs on maxed out settings, has Nightdive said anything about a patch for these texture glitches that are plaguing me?

http://imgur.com/a/2p5fS

I'm running through seafoam green worlds more often than not, and even when I get the textures to appear correctly all it takes is a little twitch to sort of "toggle" back and forth. :saddowns: I'm fairly certain it's not my graphics card because all other games display just fine.

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Ayyy that seems to have done the trick. Thanks, Sally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Endtrails. It's supposed to be a corny pun.

I've gotten myself all turned around now. Last time I played I made it up to Lair of the Blind Ones before I got stuck. Now I'm having trouble remembering where the level end portal for River of Souls is. :doh:

• Locked thread