Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

RickVoid posted:

whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-splorch
That sound is just so amazing, the high pitch whine of a small motor giving all it has and the squeaking of metal spinning against bone crowned with that flat splorch when it explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Firestorm cannon was and is my all time favorite chaingun, I just love how it looks. It has everything I want from a scifi gun: shoots glowy things that explode, has cool moving bits and best of all, it's not lit up like a christmas tree with a million lights.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
That Oblivion segment really reminded me why I hate playing shooters on a controller nowadays. Seeing your aim meander past enemies all the time makes the sperg in me froth at the mouth. Kinda funny considering how much I played Golden Eye on the N64 when it was hot poo poo.

But drat, I didn't remember the creepy narration that happens with your first visit to Oblivion. I really can't wait for Night Dive Studios to finish their Turok 2 remaster.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Those Flintstones style gatling guns are just so precious, Purr-Linn high technology!

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Ahh, the Plasma Rifle. Playing Turok 2 on an emulator and thus having access to mouse aim makes the plasma rifle monsterous. Or that I might have had a bad/wierd graphics codec, I don't remember the fog being so close.

Does the plasma rifle shoot a regular beam if you body shot an enemy? Or is it still hitscan, just with an added explosion?

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Those Mantid Drones look like the most annoying regular enemy so far, they are just short enough that when they run around they get below your aim and they are spindly too so you end up shooting past their limbs too. The Soldiers seemed similarly annoying since they move pretty fast too, but at least they are a huge target and like to stick their face out front when deploying the shoulder cannons.

Finally the best gun! The Firerstorm just chews through anything under the crosshairs in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
And speaking of weapon tweaks, did they seriously nerf tek arrows, since one exploding on an Etrails forehead fails to kill it while a normal arrow does the job just fine. On hard at least.

• Locked thread