Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drc7gQPwows :black101:

I've always loved these games, even if i could never get past the first level in any of them.

Good luck to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
Disney owns the rights currently iirc, and after Evolution and Turok 2008 i don't blame them for wanting to give the series a little break/kill it off completely

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Op9wNphq4

get hype

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
I can't wait for you to get to the Lair of the blind ones, because that level, even with a walkthrough makes me feel so :negative:

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie

Crigit posted:

I rented turok 2 once when it was new. I remember only two things about it. One is a gun that we haven't seen yet that does awful, awful things to people, and the other is the loving awesome music in the first stage, port of Adia.

Level 4 may be satan incarnate, but it all becomes worth it once you get "That" gun :unsmigghh:

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
After learning about the glitched ammo I'm glad they messed it up, considering how much better the Charge dart rifle is in every single way. Though i could've sworn there was a Tranquilizer box on level 3 in one of the towers?

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie

SkyTalon2314 posted:

The sidegrade you could get to it in Turok 3 was neat. If there's one thing I like about that game, it's the alternate weapons you got depending on which path you took.

Having a fire-shotgun will never not be satisfying.

It sucks that Turok 3 went for a poor man's half life instead of being a better Turok 2.

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
After sitting down with my trusty dusty strategy guide and actually beating JFG, i can say that it is definitely fun to play, but a nightmare to emulate well, due the fact that it only really feels comfortable on an actual N64 controller. If you do own an N64, though, the game's dirt cheap compared to other games, so i would definitely pick it up.

Also, i found a completely legit and legal copy of Turok 2 for the PC, but for some reason the music doesn't work. And boy, is the game a lot less fun without the music :(

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
as much as i hate the primagen's lightship, i also love the primagen's lightship. it just feels so final. the atmosphere, the enemies, the music and the fact you're in his house breaking his poo poo is just icing on the cake for a kick rear end, if not horribly frustrating final level.

plus i will never say no to the razorwind :unsmigghh:

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
oh man, i would love to play rage wars, considering i can never persuade people to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
i've gotten to the children and jesus christ how horrifying

• Locked thread