Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

PurpleXVI posted:

Man, I just can't imagine playing this with a controller. Just watching the videos makes me a little bit motion sick.

The controls for Turok were completely different from every other FPS of the era. The C buttons were used for movement, and the stick was used for aiming--it was like an N64 controller adaptation of a mouse and keyboard. I liked it a lot but it was really awkward to get used to at first. I'm not sure if it's changable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

RBA Starblade posted:

Rage Wars was legit good though, except that bug where you couldn't unlock everything because one of the characters' campaigns had a level that would never mark as complete, but you know.

Motherfucker!

That's why I quit playing it in my youth; I never realized it was a bug, I thought there was a problem with my cart.

:negative:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

RickVoid posted:

I doubt it. Add in regenerating health and you've got the Halo games. Remove the platforming and it's CoD.

Neither of those games have respawning enemies (though Call of Duty might on its highest difficulty). :ssh:

• Locked thread