Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I just realized I might regret trading off Von Miller after this week. hooboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Professor Moriarty posted:

I just realized I might regret trading off Von Miller after this week. hooboy.

:smugdog:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

My first round draft pick will not have played a single snap by the end of this season. Whoops.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
With the latest standings we have 3 times in the playoffs - Congrats to Oliver_Sak's Team, Innsmouth Old Ones, and Immovable Objects

This week either *spicy* *campers* or [subject to change] will also get a win and guarantee a playoff spot.

Smash Mouth Football can also lock up a spot with a win over Endless Feedback.

Chocolate Milk, Dee's Team, and Big Scary Black Men all need to win this week, however given a loss by either Endless Feedback or what's goin on here they would still have a chance to take a spot next week. If both of the latter two teams win, then the first three must win to remain in playoff contention.

We'll have anywhere from 4 to 8 of the spots decided this week depending on how the games play out. Given a lot of the top teams playing each other late in the season we're in for a lot of shakeup over the next two weeks for playoff seeding.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I had three good players left to play last night to come from behind, but I was still sweating it a bit. I feel like a lot of games have been close this season? Everyone's engaged, no easy-walk victories. I've had to manage a lot of injuries but the deeper bench meant I didn't have to drop a star player to do it this time (barely), so that's good.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
:getin: next week is going to be crazy. 6 teams fighting for 4 playoff spots, and every game matters for playoffs and seeding. spicy campers and myself, #1 and #3 in points for entering this week, need wins over playoff teams this week, or we may not even make it in.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
Darn, wish I had credit for Will Hill's TD. Not like it mattered, since I won and clinched a playoff spot.
Yay, I guess.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I really thought I had a good shot at winning this week. I don't know what the gently caress happened with Chris Conte and Brandon Williams. Dont'a Hightower getting injured sucked, since he was having a great game up to that point. But ultimately I was just murdered by Ezekiel Ansah putting up 3.5 sacks.

Now there's quite a lot of us at 8-4 competing for probably 2 spots. My matchup next week should be "easy," but three of my stars are hurt and will almost definitely miss next week so I dunno.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Hachi machi, I just read that our tiebreaker is H2H record and not points for. I own the tiebreaker on spicy campers and Chocolate Milk, but would lose it against whats goin on here, Endless Feedback, or Big Scary Black Men. :ohdear:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Wow! Literally all 6 teams fighting for spots are playing teams either already in or already out of it.

Also, as best I can tell, it's not H2H, see here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/head-article-non-divisional-leagues-sln6446.html

The H2H tiebreaker you are seeing is only for playoff games themselves.

I did a quick prediction for the games (listing the teams fighting for playoffs)

Chocolate Milk wins
Endless Feedback wins
Big Scary Black Men loses
what's goin on here wins
*spicy* *campers* loses
Smash Mouth Football ties
Immovable Objects wins

So I need either Endless Feeback to lose or for someone else to lose and me to outscore them this week by 11-40 points depending on who it is that loses. I'm going for 40 more than *spicy* *campers*!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Immovable Objects is making me look like a fool, but the rest are on track to be right. Smash Mouth Football is going to be a really close game in the end and is still predicted to be within 3 points.

Regardless - it looks like I'm cruising to be 7-5 and 1 spot out of the playoffs unless something magical happens in the last 2 games this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wilhoite should have been good for 10+, but he left injued in the first quarter. Add in underperformance by every other guy on my team besides Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and this is on track to be probably the worst score I've ever put up in this league.

So yeah, if you look foolish, how do I look?

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
2nd straight regular season champ B). Hope I can not poo poo the bed in the playoffs this year.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm on track for 9th regardless of outcome... but if I lose to last place starting 4 players I might cry. Lawrence needs to slow the gently caress down.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sean Lee protecting my dignity.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Yahoo! posted:

Five of the six losses for Smash Mouth Football this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.

7th seed comin' to get ya :smug:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

JoeRules posted:

Avenge me! I missed playoffs because of a 0.75 pt loss to him!

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

JoeRules posted:

So... you're saying I'm going to have my highest scoring week this week? Keen!

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Seeing as how you put up 169.25 points one week, I'll gladly concede if you top that.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Apparently we don't have a consolation bracket. Would love to have that next year for when I find a way to miss playoffs by 1 spot again!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My team has five questionables and five probables. It's so hard to find any information on injury for IDP guys, too. I feel like it's just a random guess which guys to start and if I get it wrong I get a zero in a slot and there goes the playoffs.

Also yeah we should have a consolation tourney, I'm surprised we don't. At least give everyone something to do for the next three weeks.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
just your daily reminder that last year the 2nd lowest seed steamrolled everyone in the playoffs.

edit for real content: yeah, the no consolation bracket is a bummer. You know, I'd like to think that besides that, we nailed all the roster/rule changes this year.

JoeRules fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 12, 2015

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I wasn't in the league last year but I thought the rules/roster sizes are great and will definitely participate next year.

Hopefully I will attend the actual draft. Still, I made 6th seed with an autodraft team.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I'd definitely like to suggest switching to ESPN next year, ugly as some of you think it is. It definitely can handle IDP stuff... doesn't do projections though, so you'll all have to work that much harder to set your rosters :getin:

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Morgan Burnett: the IDP version of Montee Ball. :bang:

I really don't want to go out in the first round in both leagues I'm in the playoffs in. Come on.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Kahlil Mack cares not about your wants. :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I loving hate how there's just zero information about a "probable" IDP guy. Did he play? Who the gently caress knows, but I've got some painful zeroes from Jared Allen and Demarcus Ware. I could at least have put zack brown in.

Not that it would have mattered. I think I had a pretty good team and a pretty good season, but I got badly hosed the last two games from injuries, and there's just garbage on the waiver wire these days for linebacker fillins. Oh well!

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
One year ago today:

quote:

(1) Oliver_Sak's Team

(6) Smash Mouth Football
Vengeance shall be mine.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I normally roll two LBs in our "any IDP" slots (currently Malcolm Smith and Derrick Johnson, who have been perfectly adequate), but Aaron Donald is right there on waivers...

I hate playoff time, I always overthink everything. :negative:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Half my team is Q I don't know what to doooo

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Von Miller decided not to show up today and now I'm done for the season. Was he hurt and I wasn't informed? Did he have one of those games where he had a bunch of hits and hurries but no scoring actions? Or was he just poo poo?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's sort of like how the only news about DeMarcus Ware is that he was supposedly returning from injury to play the Raiders, and yet he put up zero points. I know he was listed as Probable and that doesn't mean definitely will play, but goddamn it would be nice for there to be any news at all mentioning that he was too hurt to play or not.

I didn't bother to adjust my lineup this week since I'm already eliminated, but it's super frustrating when prominent defensive players just get zero news and yet put up zeros. I can't watch every down of every game to see if these guys are even playing or not.

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery

JoeRules posted:

One year ago today:

Vengeance shall be mine.

Yep :(

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Congratulations!

After starting with an autodrafted league with one solid LB, I'm pretty happy I made it to 3rd place. Next year will be mine!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Good game. I got completely trashed! It was a good season though, much better than last year. Too bad I couldn't quite manage the worst to first story.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is this league happening this year? I need my stupid all IDP fix.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
drat it and here I was about to cut down to 3 leagues after forgetting about this one. Make it 4 I suppose!

I'm sure we can get enough interest going to do it in a few weeks when everyone starts getting back into the swing of things.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm down to do this league again, but I'm not sure if I've got the time or discipline to run the show, so if someone wants to take over as commish, the job is available. I also am pretty sure that Yahoo auto-renewed the league, but we were planning to switch to ESPN, so I can close that league whenever the new one pops up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think I need to drop out of this one. As fun as it's been, it adds a lot more work than just adding another league normally does, since this is the one league that makes me pay attention to a whole lot more IDP players.

I'm now in my dynasty league, the league of posts, this league, and my trad games league (not counting the two MFL slow drafts I already did since those don't require any work during the season).

Also I'm crap at this and never do very well :shrug:

• Locked thread