Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Reacon posted:

6 ft tall, I've never had problems sleeping in the back of my Hilux Surf with the back seats flat. Very capable camper truck.

and horrifically expensive here
a subaru legacy wagon will do you well, or as others are mentioning get a van

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

December Octopodes posted:

I'm actually shopping in country right now. The carib sounds okay in running, and my atrophied manual skills didn't detect a lovely gear box. Points against it are a chunk missing on the wheel well left rear, and a chunk of wood replacing the handle.

I am looking at others as well, but this trip is more about learning what my limits are, this includes camping rough or convincing backpacker that it's worth more than I paid. I won't necessarily spend the entire year in it, as a friend I made in Australia has offered her house rent free.

Being in Auckland kinda limits my search for the moment.

Where in Auckland are you? The Ellerslie car fair is on every Sunday morning and you can find half decent things there, BUT you need to be aware every dodgy motherfucker trying to flog a clapped out van is gonna be there too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Echotic posted:

How many Auckland goons are there?

Don't think there's many of us
What happened to poison pie anyway is he dead

• Locked thread