Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Cars that cheap are going to be a gamble - don't assume the thing is actually going to be roadworthy just because it was a recent warrant of fitness.

Subarus have a really bad reliability reputation in New Zealand so you can grab one cheap - just avoid the twin turbo models (which are pretty much the whole reason for the bad rep)

e. If you buy from a dealer you'll pay more but be covered by consumer law. A lot of cheap dealers say they're selling the car 'as is where is' without any warranty - they can't actually legally do so

dissss fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Vans are expensive too as you'll be competing with a bunch of backpackers. Also cheap vans are awful to drive and hilariously unsafe

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

The people mover based ones are actually not so bad - it's the commercial L300/Hiace/Bongo I'd avoid

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Trouble is those little vans are anything but economical at open road speeds. Add to that how noisy, uncomfortable. unsafe and generally all round unpleasant they are and you'd be far better off in a Camry or an Odyssey or something.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Echotic posted:

Poisoned Pie moved across the ditch iirc.

So probably dead from one of Australia's many horrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

December Octopodes posted:

The FM band on the radio cuts out and goes no higher than 90.0.

That's because the car started off its life in Japan (they use different frequencies over there)

You can get a band expander but usually it's better just to swap the head unit for one that supports the correct bands for NZ

• Locked thread