Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Getting to a World Cup final is worth more than a lovely euro cup against iceland or whoever it was they beat in the final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

El Hefe posted:

Getting to a World Cup final is worth more than a lovely euro cup against iceland or whoever it was they beat in the final.

So you're saying that getting to 4 finals and losing is worth more than one european cup? Lionel Messi certainly doesn't agree.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
El Hefe is happy Portugal/Ronaldo won, he's just pretending to be salty so he doesn't get kicked out of the Barca fanclub.

Also how long will Big Ron be out? Torn ACL is no joke and he could be out for the first few months of the season.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i fondly remember everyone on this forum being retards. it's good that a few memes about messi being hard done by(created by barca) is some top posting.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ape Gone Insane posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It was a good year all and all. Look forward to the excuses next season's florentino fans come up with.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Real won the Champions League, the biggest club competition in the world. Don't want to speak for them but I think the fans are fine with not winning boring la liga and some lovely cup.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Real won the Champions League, the biggest club competition in the world. Don't want to speak for them but I think the fans are fine with not winning boring la liga and some lovely cup.

You're in the wrong thread then.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Any of you guys know if Villarreal's Mateo Musacchio is any good? Milan is chasing him for an absurd fee.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
If Milan want him he's probably not that good hahah

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

If Milan want him he's probably not that good hahah

Haha yeah

t

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/PhilKitro/status/753511651278745600

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Real Madrid once sued TV3 I think it was after they compared RM players to hyenas and made some hilarious video.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Any of you guys know if Villarreal's Mateo Musacchio is any good? Milan is chasing him for an absurd fee.

The la liga thread isn't actually about la liga it's just a safe space for people who love Ronald or Messi.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

The la liga thread isn't actually about la liga it's just a safe space for people who love Ronald or Messi.

I know but I figured it was worth it to try.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Couple of times I saw him play he did pretty well. And he has a quirky name, what's not to like.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Lopetegui got the Porto job after never coaching a big team, was a huge failure and never won any titles there despite all the money spent with transfers and got fired after becoming one of the most hated managers ever by Porto fans. Now he just got the Spain job. drat what an agent that guy must have

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
oh Jorge Mendes is his agent. makes sense

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Lopetegui got the Porto job after never coaching a big team, was a huge failure and never won any titles there despite all the money spent with transfers and got fired after becoming one of the most hated managers ever by Porto fans. Now he just got the Spain job. drat what an agent that guy must have

Good I hope they fail to qualify for every tournament for the rest of time.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gigi Galli posted:

Good I hope they fail to qualify for every tournament for the rest of time.

i hope for more of these pictures

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
If the comments section of Marca.com are anything to go by then Spaniards are suicidal right now lol

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

El Hefe posted:

If the comments section of Marca.com are anything to go by

Nah.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
mbm can't hate on Barca anymore

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/758001566318260225

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I can and I will

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm going to be in Madrid August 27th. There are 2 La Liga matches scheduled that day, Celta @ Real Madrid and Atletico @ Leganes.

I would prefer to see a match at the Bernabeu if possible. Seeing a smaller Madrid derby at a tiny stadium would also be pretty cool, though I could see it being even harder to get tickets to that since it looks like capacity is 8,000.

Any suggestions or help getting tickets would be greatly appreciated. Also I don't recall if any of you guys actual live in Madrid, but if you are I would be down for watching footie together.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I don't recall if any of you guys actual live in Madrid

lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Suqit's head has its own Madrilean address for tax purposes, other than that lol.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Yeah I figured it was a long shot. I guess my next trip will have to be to Cascadia.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I can show you around here dude, it's pretty cheap for $100 you can buy a house and add $20 extra and you get a wife.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Yeah I figured it was a long shot. I guess my next trip will have to be to Cascadia.

I'd try poking around on reddit. I'm sure the question has been answered a million times on the team-specific subreddits.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Look who's joining Villareal

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

I'm going to be in Madrid August 27th. There are 2 La Liga matches scheduled that day, Celta @ Real Madrid and Atletico @ Leganes.

I would prefer to see a match at the Bernabeu if possible. Seeing a smaller Madrid derby at a tiny stadium would also be pretty cool, though I could see it being even harder to get tickets to that since it looks like capacity is 8,000.

Any suggestions or help getting tickets would be greatly appreciated. Also I don't recall if any of you guys actual live in Madrid, but if you are I would be down for watching footie together.

Go to the "taquilla" or "entradas" section on the club websites and you can just buy the tickets online and print them out. Be warned that the Spanish FA are a bunch of retards and don't announce the times of the games until the week before. Also Leganes is a lovely satellite town quite far out from the centre of Madrid so you may have to get the train there and back.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Look who's joining Villareal

Pato - Bonera dream team.

AndTheKnee
Nov 7, 2010

The atmosphere at Butarque will be way better than a Madrid/Celta match at the Bernabeu. I've been to matches at both and enjoyed Leganes more even if they were lovely segunda contests. Also, Sol to Leganes is only ~20 minutes via metro.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Whos wathcing the European supercup, Real beating Sevilla 1-0, Ronaldo MOTM so far

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Benz is so much better than Morata its a joke.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
2-1 for Sevilla penalty conceded by you guessed it our old pal Sergio Ramos. looks like another classic season of La Liga

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

eh, did look like an unlucky foul and not red mist descending

Sampaioli is an annoyingly good coach though.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

gently caress yeah, Sergio Ramos, never in doubt etc.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
god damnit. i wanted Sevilla to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ronaldo still with a shot at winning another trophy, what cant that boy do? amazing

• Locked thread