Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Your cars are huge.

I've always wanted an AMC Eagle, but the working ones are auto and the manuals are broken by some idiot.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Not too bad of a find, pretty jealous of BC's lack of rust.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
A working EJ251 and drivetrain should go for a decent price in BC.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
A firefighter stole your LED flare?

I didn't think Surrey was on the TCH.

edit: I guess it is!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Just rent the tie rod tool from Canuckistani Tire; their inner tie rod tool should help you knock out a Honda-sized nut.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That wagon is mint, holy poo poo. Is he just gonna junk it?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Hello 2200 SFI, my old friend,
I've come to compression test you again.

Does the muffler bounce?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
When these were really common in the junkyards I knew guys who would pull a motor out of the junkyard cars (doesn't take too long), slap a Fel-Pro gasket or some gasket maker on as a head gasket, re-use the head bolts and then shoot 50- to 100-shots of nitrous down a tapped hole in the intake manifold until the motor melted. Fuelling was provided by a vise grip on the FPR.

You could get them down to low 15s at our altitude which is seriously impressive for that dogshit of a motor.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
What an rear end in a top hat.

I can't believe he put family stickers on something that clean.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sounds like your neighbors just want you to start street parking.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

Huh, I figured they got the Ecotec by 2001. Guess not. This is a good thing for you though, the earlier Ecotecs were prone to timing chain tensioner failures.

Ecotec didn't show up until 2003.

I have warm memories of the 2200 SFI but I'm not going to call its little pushrod rear end a miracle of modern engineering. It was just too stubborn to die.

I replaced the exhaust hanger on my 2001 Cav like.. four times? Cops in the ghetto here use it as pretext for a pull over and search.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sticky lifters? Might be worth a dose of Rislone or MMO or something.

My 2.2 had a brutal lifter tick when it was cold.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That's impressive. I remember back at the old drag nights the guys who used to run dry-shot Cavaliers with no engine management would hole the block and bend the rods on the way out but they were really asking for it.

If the pushrods are that bad how are the rockers? Could be oil starvation.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
New kid? Would explain the minivan and the sleep deprivation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Hell yeah manual Cressidas give me the Cressida Madness.

• Locked thread