Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
So, you're a tow guy in BC right? How realistic and/or bullshit is Highway Thru Hell? It's my main guilty-pleasure reality show, but I'm sure it's just as bullshit as every other reality show (Buffalo Airways can go gently caress themselves!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

eberbs posted:

I emailed him back and told him if he doesn't pay me the $600 I am going to call the police and or take him to court.
Im loving PISSED!
Did I do the right thing?

What he did sounds illegal; screwing around with cheques is not something the law looks kindly on at all (it's criminal fraud). Still, dealing with the legal system is no fun, even when you're in the right, so see if you can come to a more amicable arrangement even if it ends up with you taking less money. Still, I would insist that any agreement involves you getting the money up-front, not after he's parted the car out and you're trusting him to honestly report what he got. The only thing that could bite you in the rear end is the miles/kilometres discrepancy, but that's a much smaller issue than cheque fraud, so you're probably still in the clear.

I'm not a lawyer, mind you.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

eberbs posted:

so bylaw came by again today and slapped a big orange sticker on my roommates Cressida for "defacing public property" and stating it will be towed in 12 hours because they say its leaking oil.
My roommate got them to come by and look at the car and basically told them that they have no experience and they are not certified mechanics so they cant tell if its leaking or not.
In the end the bylaw told him to put some cardboard under the car until the oil leak is fixed (there is a very very small oil leak). But I know even after that the fucktard neighbours will still call it in.
But the asswipe neighbours have a parking spot right in front of there house they like to use but I parked the noodle body there and that will be its new permanent residence. im sure they will love to wake up in the morning and see a lovely hard body starring at them. -1 parking spot for poo poo neighbours.

Sounds like you should also go out in the middle of the night and take a poo poo on their lawn, just to be safe. I hate whiny busybodies like that.

• Locked thread