Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

both my qbs are dead, much like the rest of my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

aegisalpha posted:

both my qbs are dead, much like the rest of my team

Yea i hate my dead gay team

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I am glad I can ignore my team now, because it makes me sad.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

vyst posted:

Yea i hate my dead gay team

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Looking forward to Julio not being shadowed by Josh Norman :toot:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

RVProfootballer posted:

I'll be super mad when he doesn't score a td and gets 90 yards

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

Sweeper posted:

I'll be super mad when he doesn't score a td and gets 90 yards

What about... 1 or more TDs and more than 90 yards??

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010
Well I look forward to next year, maybe I will take the top!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

three stellar wrs for this week who have currently put up less than four points

combined

:suicide:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cam newton going ballistic today.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Looks like the boat

...puts on sunglasses...

is getting sunk.

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Looks like the boat

...puts on sunglasses...

is getting sunk.

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Holy poo poo. You had Cam, Woodhead, and Cooper :stare: Have you been starting Woodhead every week? He put up like 25 total points the last 4 weeks combined, and then you ride him to blowout a team with Wilson and Brown, haha.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Holy poo poo. You had Cam, Woodhead, and Cooper :stare: Have you been starting Woodhead every week? He put up like 25 total points the last 4 weeks combined, and then you ride him to blowout a team with Wilson and Brown, haha.

I'd have to check, I think I benched Woodhead sometime recently. This week nicely avenged my week 10 loss to boat's goats: my only loss of the season.

Checking out the other playoff matchup, your team looks poised to jump into the finals barring some miraculous PPR scoring from Sproles. Nice job, taking over an abandoned team and leading it forward! Helped that it had Julio, I suppose. Since I handed Weaselior his first defeat in week 11, he hasn't won a single game. I believe TFF would categorize his team as "fraud." welp!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Too a team from last place to 7/8th. Looking forward to next year.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Everyone posted last week, after that post from Boon which I'll count since he's already eliminated and holidays are coming.

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010
Are we going to use NFL.com again next year or can we go back to ESPN?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hahaha won my consolation game by 0.45 points. It's the little things

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TheKman posted:

Are we going to use NFL.com again next year or can we go back to ESPN?

I'll examine this next summer. It's a possibility.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'd certainly prefer ESPN to NFL.com

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I agree and think that NFL.com has a pretty poo poo layout, ESPN is far more intuitive and is where my other leagues are anyway.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Frank Gore going ham in his old college town, feeling real good about championship chances right now!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Frank Gore going ham in his old college town, feeling real good about championship chances right now!

It's terrible! He's supposed to be all out of gas, not blowing up :( Need Martavis to do something, and a nice usable game from Vernon Davis, just to have a chance. Another 40 something game from David Johnson would be OK too!

E: Or Julio and Nate Washington to start balling out!

sourdough fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 27, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
My team woke up! Welcome to the championship game, Jarvis and JJ!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

My team woke up! Welcome to the championship game, Jarvis and JJ!

Yeah, good second half for you. I need a big game from the Jags in two leagues this afternoon!

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
My dream of a winning life was crushed by the Pmchem. But I shall come back next year with renewed hope and life and win easily!

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

My other league is using yahoo which has been alright, except this year since they joined the $$fantasy is totally not gambling$$ site club there's a lot of ads for that biz

How is the phone app for ESPN now?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ESPN's iOS apps are good for daily management and following on game day. They have some ads on startup and aren't great for waiver wire stuff.

If I lose this week, I think it's the best thing for the league long term. It encourages future league members. Anyone can just take over a team and win the league!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

ESPN's iOS apps are good for daily management and following on game day. They have some ads on startup and aren't great for waiver wire stuff.

If I lose this week, I think it's the best thing for the league long term. It encourages future league members. Anyone can just take over a team and win the league!

Well, not anyone, only super cool and good dudes!

And on Android, the ESPN app is definitely better than NFL, but mostly because the NFL one is decently buggy. The ESPN one does have occasional ads, but is very spotty with them so they're not too bad. Then just little things like being able to tap a player's score to see the point breakdown are a bit nicer on the ESPN app.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

RVProfootballer posted:

little things like being able to tap a player's score to see the point breakdown are a bit nicer on the ESPN app.

This is something I just discovered in 3 of my other leagues and I really like it;.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Veritek83 posted:

This is something I just discovered in 3 of my other leagues and I really like it;.

Maybe it'll be a bit controversial, but I actually like Yahoo's app best, as it shows more detailed stats on the player stats page, most crucially targets. Neither ESPN nor NFL have that, right? They also show the points-against matchup rankings super nicely on the player stats page, which again I don't think either ESPN or NFL do.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Son of a bitch I thought Brees was scratched today

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I'm absolutely voting for ESPN, but Yahoo's a decent second.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Ninja Bob posted:

I'm absolutely voting for ESPN, but Yahoo's a decent second.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yea yahoo is decent as well

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Also Chem and weaselior both losing makes me so wet

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

vyst posted:

Also Chem and weaselior both losing makes me so wet

Chem hasn't lost just yet. Though I'm going to be really happy if I can knock off both of their stacked teams.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

heh, I'm fine with losing. The commish winning first year of a new league can lead to skepticism and sour grapes. I tried to build my team this year to have a lot of great keeper options, and happened to kick butt along the way...

We'll see if the Denver DST can score a TD or two tonight!

edit: feeling especially generous since I won my $$$ league!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

heh, I'm fine with losing. The commish winning first year of a new league can lead to skepticism and sour grapes. I tried to build my team this year to have a lot of great keeper options, and happened to kick butt along the way...

We'll see if the Denver DST can score a TD or two tonight!

edit: feeling especially generous since I won my $$$ league!

Allen Robinson for $6 or $7 next year, goddamn. Also maybe I missed it, but for fractional keeper prices, round up or down or to nearest $1 or what?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i wasn't fine with losing last week but if you're not in the finals who loving cares :argh:

was thinking Ivory was going to be a beast next year too for cheap but he's been garbage recently, but at least crabtree will be a free WR2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Todd Gurley for <$20 is pretty much the only thing that makes me happy

• Locked thread