Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I got invited to a WOD LARP, went once.

After getting into table top I quickly learned of how quality games happen and started only playing with a specific friend DMing. Said friend was also a prince or something in the LARP community and started telling me about the national system for whatever the global story was for the Camarilla and how it all tied together. I thought it was pretty interesting and tagged along one day. The WOD equivalent of a DM (Story teller?) is a guy that I also am acquainted with through work. So we get there early and he sets me up a character, and apparently he is high enough on the foodchain (boss of the whole state if I remember?) to just grant me a bunch of cool stuff. Now the three of us are all military folk and so far this all seems reasonable. They give me the rundown on the rules and all is well.

One of the things my character got given were some hefty boons, I of cource didn't realize this, barely knowing what a boon is or who they were toward.
Me, Oblivious.

So then people start to arive. And OHH boy were there some characters. Every range of nerd you can imagine. Fat, skinny, tall, short, dressed up, underdressed... Now my group of people was my friend, the DM, and their two wives (Who are both attractive women who like comic books and video games but don't LARP), and that was the mindset I was expecting. I guess I had unwittingly dodged the rest of the personality types by only playing tabletop with a closed group of friends before now. I just follow while they quickly get busy herding these crazy people on the days adventure.

Now I get pulled off to the side by one cute girl, and I start to get to get a little hazy on when she's playing a character and when she's legitimately flirting with me. "no its ok, really bite my neck like a vampire, hard". Got my number, game goes on. She's starts to get more and more sexual to convince me to do something with boons that I have no idea about. Game finally ends, bunch of people hang around for beer. Girl continues texting me after she's left.

On the drive back talking to my friend about it he said he wasn't surprised by her behavior at all. She's had like 9 boyfriends that year already and all of them were in some way related to getting ahead in the game. With rumors of far more going on, and some of the dudes being really gross and creepy from other local games. But that there was nothing he could do about it because it was just acceptable.

tl;dr, Offers of selling your body for favors in game made me never go back to creepy LARP land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I find it both ironic and horrifying that from what i've read so far LARPing may be 100% more effective at finding orgy's than say, craigslist.

e; So I caught up with the friend who I went that one time with. Turns out they had put a lot of work in culling the groups before the start of whatever the new ongoing story was. Like dictating that certain people are banned from certain game venues unless accompanied by the equivalent of a minder. All so that the people who made life hell could still play, just without being able to group together in crazy.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 12, 2015

• Locked thread