Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

OP, right here with you. I've seen WOD LARP cause divorces. I've seen actual fist fights when a person "in character" took things too far. Nervous breakdowns from people mid game because 'poo poo got too real' for them. And everyone there is ready to bone someone or something. It's really a hosed up game. I honestly can't remember the last time I had fun with it and I played for years.

There is a person I know in my judo club that used to take part in NERO and stopped due to his Masters, and training for Judo. People tried to pick fist fights with him at NERO meets when he used to go to them because he figured out the rules for maximum efficiency with his character. The man is a Heavyweight Judo champion, placed 8 times in Canadian Nationals, and 310 pounds of pure destruction. Maybe it is because I train with him,and feel the full force of his throws all time, that I could not imagine that someone would want to fight. Something tells me that LARPers might be the exact type who would pick a fight with someone that would bowl over them from first glance is like the happiest, nicest dude I know when you talk to him for 5 minutes.

The guy on the left in white is the dude who did LARP:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Is the combat system based more upon character skill sheets or personal skill? I kinda wanna see someone with a kendo background go to a LARP meet in their Bogu and wreak the place.

• Locked thread