Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?

Anoia posted:

When I quit playing I tried keeping in touch with some of the more tolerable players and sooner or later they'd still end up talking about the latest incredible make-believe happenings. We ended up drifting completely apart cause holy poo poo I don't care about how you bluffed your way past a demon lord we're in a coffee shop people are staring.

This is exactly loving why larp and non-larp social circles have always been a terrible mix for me. I do a vampire larp, have for a few years, and it's 90% awful 5% intriguing like a train wreck 5% absolutely worth it, but getting these people to socialize and NOT talk about their goddamn make-believe vampires is loving impossible unless it is explicitly and repeatedly stressed that HEY GUYS, THERE ARE VISITORS HERE FROM REALITY, PLEASE TALK ABOUT THINGS OTHER THAN WHO IS THE NEXT PRINCE OF BUMBLEFUCK VAMPIRE LAND.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
My local vampire larp has been on the edge of collapse for a while, and watching it hang in the balance of existing has been more exciting than the actual larp itself. We try to recruit college students so we can have free space on campus to use, but like a dozen people have quit and we recruited one poor sap about a month ago. Two (awful) storytellers are quitting, one guy said he'd step up to help out and then a few days later said he was leaving the game entirely. Every bit of news I hear is like hearing that another length of train cars have collapsed in an ongoing train wreck, and it is beautiful.

• Locked thread