Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

This reminds me of some embarrassing poo poo I did when I was younger, too. Never LARPed or got into tabletop gaming, though I think I might have if I knew anybody that did. Very very glad I didn't. I know exactly what you mean about personal issues, self-esteem, and can easily see how an activity like this can let it get further out of control. It really is like a drug when you get addicted to a toxic community like this, because you're lonely as hell or have zero self-esteem or direction in your life or whatever. Instead of facing up to those scary problems, you just dive into a group of other people trying to ignore their own problems and you all, quite literally, make up a fairy tale imagination land to live in. Then the bubble finally bursts and you realize, poo poo, this has made me even crazier than when I started. This stopped being fun a long time ago. If I'd spent all that time going out and talking to normal people, I'd have way more of my poo poo together. All that time got you was regret and shame.

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble, but your story really resonates with me and I just wanted to say I appreciate what you're doing. Love hearing the awkward stories of weird people, but also hoping you can share some of the things you need to get off of your chest too, whenever you're up for it. Really do think it'll help. Sometimes it's good to be able to laugh at yourself, too, when you look back and can see just how ridiculous it all was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Who do I have to larp as to get the most chicks?

Fat chicks? Dwarves.

Or the real answer is, whoever has the most fictional power in the game-world.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

drat I missed the commentary.

I don't even know what to say to that story, except that it feels like I've got some awful piece of metal lodged in my chest now. Who the gently caress swallows things for a living? And who chooses the metal watch to start on? Why is there a weird fetish for everything?

It doesn't surprise me at all that she didn't show any empathy for the dude she'd hit with her car. That guy is just a plot point in her really interesting story she gets to tell her friends. It also wouldn't surprise me if the "stopped by a cop at night" story is fake, though. That one just stinks of the kind of thing I've seen made up by other people like this girl. Stories, especially the crazy ridiculous ones, are how she gets her attention and well-wishes from others. Those *HUGS* posts might be laughable to some people reading this, but they matter to this girl. Matter way more than they ever should, at that. Every single comment is like an extra bit of self-confidence.

• Locked thread