Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Ghogargi posted:

Instead, they bullied, cowed and used new players, hogged the spotlight and took all the plot, and were generally awful. I brought three friends to a game one night and the trio were playing these inept detectives who were hilarious and, admittedly, a little too silly for the theme of this particular game. One of the high-ranked players went off on them in-character and threatened to kill them (the characters) over and over. Afterwards, my friends said they wouldn't come back. They had a really bad time, and were unnerved by the nastiness of the high-ranker. When confronted, the high-ranker said 'It's what my character would do'. Which is the most infuriatingly wretched cop-out, and it was used ALL THE TIME to excuse the worst behaviors.

What would stop the inept detectives from role playingly sticking a stake in the high ranker's chest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

quote is not edit.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

joat mon posted:

So what does one do in the non-boffer LARPs? Is it like court intrigue/queen bee games?

• Locked thread