Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Xenocides posted:

One good way of telling how much fun a LARPer is going to be is their backstory. If it is long and miserable and involves revenge, trauma, etc then they are probably going to be insufferable.

If they keep it short and actually give some positive motivations for being where they are in the game they are more likely to be fun and engaging.

I subbed in for a player who had to drop out of what was basically a 'Fallout in Finland' game last year. They sent me his character which the player had written himself. It was about six pages long and full of angst and emotional turmoil and tragic past bullshit that was never going to come up in play unless I brought it up. I ended up completely disregarding that garbage and played a grumpy grampa who still tried to look after everyone else in our camp and had a hell of a better time than trying to play the character as written would've been.

You could also easily spot the airsofters in that game because they were all kitted out in full tacticool gear and pristine camo suits. Also because none of them seemed to have a personality. Thankfully they were all contained in the other camp so we could make our lovely pop culture jokes and have fun in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread