Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
I recall a few years ago when I had a pile of free time and no hobbies my parents advocated getting into LARPing. I saw a few videos on YouTube and thought it looked like good fun.

Am I glad I didn't go into it now, not that I would have been allowed at 14. I was just intimidated by the price of the stuff. I imagine I would have become a lifer.

Maybe in a few years I will try this just to see the insanity, or find a combat one and whack people with fake weapons.

This sounds like somewhere ripe for trainee psychologists to go. Is it really as sex focused as I am imagining it being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
How does steel end up being lighter than plastic armour? Is the plastic just really thick?

I've met a few people who do LARP because my Fencing group ends up having some LARPers. Aside from being a bit unfit, they're normal. One of them runs it and he seems nice enough, just a bit disorganised. Which is odd, since he runs it at the local University.

• Locked thread