Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legendof
Oct 27, 2014

Domus posted:

Wow, I'm actually kinda weirded out by how similar everyone's White Wolf experiences are, both to each other and to mine, down to the whole inappropriate amount of violence and sexuality included in backstories. It's like people think they're being edgy, but they're just being creepy.

FWIW I knew of (although did not play in) a Changeling game that was intended to be "do stupid poo poo, go crazy, then make a new character and start over." The GMs had a policy of taking almost every player request, so Hypnotoad and Legolas and Peter Pan and Batman and so on showed up a lot for a while, and then after about 18 months it inevitably went to poo poo when some drama queen got too attached to the in-game power and started using the game as a proxy for her interpersonal problems. She did the same thing in a different larp (Dark Heresy, which is a terrible choice for social roleplaying), but the GM team (me) just killed her off. I'm not sure if White Wolf games just lend themselves to that kind of thing more easily, or if the people playing them are more tolerant of it. Probably some of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread