Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Ghogargi posted:

I knew the Crazy LARP Stories would be a big draw, and I don’t want to disappoint, so I think I’m going to talk about the funny/non-toxic ones in one spot and the scary/ugly ones in another. The funny ones I could talk about for days with no problem, the ugly ones are not as easy - some I’ve never even talked about to anyone.

Here are some highlights, some funny, some not; I’ll tell the full stories as requested.

Just post them as you think of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Thank you for sharing your stories. They are enjoyable to read.

Ghogargi posted:

I've been delusional and depressed for so long, I have no memory of who I was before it all started. I don't even really know what my true personality is.
I don't believe there is any such thing. You are who you are, and you react different ways to different situations, and the way you think and act is your personality. It's also not a static thing, you can learn to act more genuine and teach yourself it's okay to be vulnerable, and it sounds like you're doing that now. Your "true personality" isn't something you're going to find, it's something you'll make (and are making).

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

MikeCrotch posted:

Has anyone played in a LARP that actually has poo poo like alignments and detect Good/Evil? Because that sounds like the loving worst

If so, how do those rules work?

When I run tabletop, I let people know that spells like detect evil won't just pick out people who are "Evil". It'll work on evil-aligned creatures, evil outsiders, evil magic, undead, and clerics who get power from an evil deity, sure. Normal folks aren't so black-and-white, and it also just ruins the game to have a character who can cast "find the bad guy" at will.

• Locked thread