Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacheat
Feb 21, 2003
not WoD Larp, but i gave another popular boffer larp a few tries over last winter.

Here's what i found:

1. Staff getting on my case for camping outside in zero degree weather when i was rather obviously equipped.
2. General Behavior: saw people using it as an excuse to bully others, act like homicidal maniacs, etc (obviously without out of game harm) . Made me wonder what these folks are capable of if they can do this so easily in a game without any repercussions.
3. Sexual Dysfunction: seemed like the group was a large group of polyamory. Anyone not poly was frowned upon and underhanded comments made. Any of the girls would be in 3-5 relationships simultaneously.
4. Dislike for the "norm". As an established adult with a real job and career, other folks, those with no life or career skills (yes, think mother's basement stereotype) often held me in disdain.
5. Constant bantering about "safety" when the rules were clearly selectively enforced.
6. Apparently there's a HUGE overlap in the local BDSM community to the LARP community, still cant figure this one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread