Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Windows 10 has managed to completely break my WiFi. And based on a Google search I'm not the only one it's done this to, but none of the proposed fixes has worked. It was weird how it happened too as it was a gradual decline. The WiFi was fine for a day or two after the update and then slowly began d/c-ing at random times and simply restarting the connection fixed it , then the d/c's happened more and more often, until today when it d/c'd and now it won't even pick up a signal. Every other device I own works fine and the laptop had no issues at all until I updated.

Edit: Just got it to pick up a signal again after several reboots, but now it just says it can't connect and gives me the finger.

Esroc fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Just realized today that Microsoft seems to have finally perfected scaling to a TV screen. Even in 7 and 8 I used to always have to tinker to get things to look right on my TV but I plugged in today with 10 for the first time and everything is scaled perfect right out of the box.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

So I got the big Windows 10 update that rolled out recently and now Windows Defender has a constant alert demanding I lower my screen brightness. Because apparently it thinks it owns this laptop and not me. It's not exactly an invasive alert, but the yellow exclamation point forever floating in my taskbar upsets me. How can I politely explain to Windows that this is my loving laptop and I'll jack the loving brightness up as high as I goddamn want?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

dont be mean to me posted:

Set the brightness to 99%. It is that particular and I have no idea why.

Also something something feedback hub social media name and shame yada yada yada, seeing as that actually works sometimes.

No. I refuse. I will not bow down to their demands. I will utilize all the bright available. It is mine. I will just hide the Defender icon. Because I have conviction dammit.