Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I have this weird issue that just popped up, when I hit the start button and enter a search string windows has all of a sudden decided to prioritize making a web search rather than searching my apps. It's weird cause this worked fine for a couple of days since I upgraded to 10 and now I noticed this weird new behavior. It's rather frustrating cause with how clunky the new 'all programs' menu now is I've come to rely on just searching for whatever I want to run and now I can't.

Anyone had something like this happen?

edit: oddly enough, seems to have resolved after another reboot. Now I just need to figure out why the mail client crashes all the time.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Anyone figured out some workaround or a proper solution to this issue with Game DVR: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f6-b24bb9b79223

tl;dr: you enable game DVR to record some application (a java application window in my case), it works spledidly at first but then after a while you try to use it again and it shits out an error message saying 'something went wrong! try again later'.

Really annoying.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

benitocereno posted:

I have the exact same problem - the game bar worked, then broke and nothing I change seems to fix it. Always seems to work fine on the first run, but then never on the same app again. Very weird.

I managed to find many more reports of this issue but no one has any workarounds, I even wasted my time talking to two support reps who weren't much help. It seems even uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox on windows 10 application doesn't solve this, and some dude on reddit said that reinstalling windows entirely didn't help either.

Guess we're screwed with this until microsoft fix something. Time to install some different screen cap software I guess.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Anyone figured out why Windows 10 stupidly sets random folders to be read-only thus preventing random programs from working correctly?

Gonna bet this is UAC related but for my experience UAC usually only does this poo poo to the default program files location, having actually go to other drives and set folders which I created as read-only all of sudden is really stupid and annoying.