Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

sirbeefalot posted:

My experience has been pretty smooth for the most part, but I came across an annoying bug(?) just now. Fallout New Vegas is crashy, this is nothing new, but one of its failure modes is a lock up, but not CTD. Used to be I'd three-finger salute and get the task manager up, and kill it to get back to the desktop in Win7. Just tried that for the first time in 10 and the fancy looking new task manager wouldn't show up over the black screen-sized window of FNV. Had to log out from the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen. I hope that was a fluke.

Set Task Manager to open over top of other Windows. That setting must've reset itself.

Edit:
This:

is what you want

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Ugh, I just downloaded audacity yesterday. Is the malware something that'd show on Defender/Malwarebytes?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

So how do I actually import bookmarks from Chrome to Edge? I want to give it a shot, but importing does absolutely nothing.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

This is typical Microsoft, but the Firefox bookmark work-around I found was to import them to IE first then into Edge.

Not working. IE picked them up just fine, Edge won't do IE or Chrome.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

How exactly does digital licensing work? I have one computer that has Windows 10 activated digitally since it was from my old 8.1 key. I then built a new one last week and used an SA Mart 7 pro key to activate it. I want to sell the old one. After wiping it is there any way to keep 10 on there but not on my Microsoft account?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

dont be mean to me posted:

Remove it from the devices page in your Microsoft Account dashboard and Reset this PC in Settings: Update and security > Recovery (or wipe the disk and reinstall Windows 10 on it).

The computer will still activate, because its motherboard is known to have been licensed for Windows 10 before; it just won't associate itself with your account anymore.

Formally you're also supposed to hand over your old 8.1 license with it.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

GeorgieMordor posted:

How does one disable the login screen in Windows 10 these days?

After a fresh Windows 10 install, my User Accounts panel no longer has a checkbox for 'Users must enter a name and password to use this computer.'

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-use-windows-without-a-user-password/

Is this what you're looking for? I can never remember how to bypass passwords on a new install so I always have to Google it