Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
Anybody have any idea what could be causing this? My notifications bar is really widely spaced. I mean it's not really technically affecting anything, but it is annoying me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

Looks normal to me?

Are you running a 16:9 resolution?

My monitor is 16:10, but any resolution I change it to, it stays the same.

On my laptop, it looks like this:

Might tighter, less wasted space, better design.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Bruxism posted:

Just built a new computer and got it working. Installed Windows 7, successfully registered, and installed a thousand updates. I've restarted it a ton and am not getting the offer to upgrade to 10. Verified the required update files were present and ran this command thing like 3 times: (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a883265b?auth=1) It tells me it is "ready" and doesn't once say failed. I'm at a loss as to why it isn't working. This is an "upgraded" version of windows (originally Windows XP I think), could that disqualify me from upgrading?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

There are 32- and 64-bit download links on that page. You'll get a small 'media creator' from which you can upgrade directly to W10

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Bruxism posted:

Yea, I think I'm going to go with that option. Is there an official microsoft tool for making the bootable usb? I know I did it for Win 7.

I am not 100% on this but I think that same tool might still work?

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Is that a touchscreen?

It is not, although this gives me an idea.

e: changing it to tablet mode and back does not work.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

cool

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Windows 10 is a cute OS for cute PCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Skarsnik posted:

nah, that's OK

I'll have a look once you can show me what all this data that's being sent to microsoft contains, and how it will affect me in a negative way

chill