Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

My preferred RSS reader is Nextgen Reader, syncs with Feedly. You used to be able to change the source for the news app in the 8.1 app, but I can't find it in the 10 version. :psyduck: It still uses the sources I set up in 8.1 though, so that code exists somewhere.

You can just go into the mail (and calendar) app and link your Google account, making sure to set the sync settings to your preference. My Gmail accounts show up in there just as well as my MS account stuff and they populate the live tiles when new stuff comes in.

Also, a cool thing: you can right click on the name of each email account and pin it as a separate tile from the main mail app, to get a live tile for just that email account, so you could separate out work from home if you wanted. The best live tiles are still the weather and the translator app set to the large size. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I don't think so (there's a timer part of the alarms app, so it's doubly silly), but I usually just set a reminder for however many minutes from now.

fake edit: Like, you could do "Remind me to take my pizza out of the oven in 22 minutes"

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Sri.Theo posted:

How do I do split screen with metro apps now? Sweeping from the left just shows all apps.
Pull down from the top like you're about to close it and then swipe over to the side you want.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I have an MS account and Get Skype, Get Office, and Solitaire still came back. I'm actually kinda glad there was an OS reinstall though, because it seems to have unfucked Bitlocker for me. :v:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

On the store tile, when you search, or elsewhere? I don't see it.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I like it.

Pro, upgraded from 8.1. It's a Surface Pro 3 from the MS store though, which I thought was the reason why, since it'd be a "signature edition."

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

So it installed itself or did you just clean install/upgrade/update and it was there? I mean, I guess it's like the built in games but jeez, that's annoying. Candy Crush of all things.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

With cygwin, I just add C:\cygwin\bin to my PATH, use Powershell as my shell, and side step the entire filepath thing. There's also an add-on for Powershell that display additional information about Git repos. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I'm having issues with the update on my Surface Pro 3, through Windows Update (although now it's not even showing up through Windows Update), the upgrade assistant, and the media creation tool. I get an error, 0x80070002 - 0x20007, "the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation" and the only thing that I can find pertaining to it is that it might be coming up because of dual booting (I installed Ubuntu long ago to dual boot, blew it away, but I suspect there's probably still things laying around). Any ideas other than a fresh install? I wouldn't mind doing one later on but this is bugging me.