Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Nope, it's set to the default "Windows Spotlight"

Actually logging out of my name made the monitors go to sleep! This isn't really a good solution for me though because of the aforementioned Plex Media Server I have to run on this PC :( I wonder if there are any more hidden settings where I can set the PC to turn off monitors even when I'm logged in?

Power settings should give you the ability to set a period of inactivity that will turn your monitors off.

e: This should turn Plex into a service https://github.com/cjmurph/PmsService

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

fletcher posted:

After upgrading to Windows 10...I now have IIS listening on port 80? I noticed it because my vagrant box failed to come up due to conflicting port forwarding.

code:
$ curl -sv [url]http://localhost[/url]
* Rebuilt URL to: [url]http://localhost/[/url]
* timeout on name lookup is not supported
*   Trying ::1...
* Connected to localhost (::1) port 80 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost
> User-Agent: curl/7.44.0
> Accept: */*
>
< HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
< Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
< Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:20:30 GMT
< Content-Length: 0
<
* Connection #0 to host localhost left intact
I went to disable anything IIS related but it gives me this scary dialog box that mentions stuff I'm not familiar with:

That's fine, you won't miss any of those features if you don't actually know what they do.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah, it updated itself over time and installed the proper device descriptions.

In regards to Storage Spaces, I suppose it plays well enough with iSCSI disks? I was wondering whether I could replicate my Linux setup where an iSCSI extent has been backed by a local SSD as second level cache (which Storage Spaces is supposed to be able to do). Like this I could create sort of a 1-2TB partition for games on my server, and have it act like an SSD.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what I remember from thinking of doing something like it, is that Windows 10 does have storage spaces but does not allow you to create a storage tier. Looked again and seems like you can now make a storage tier since build 10565.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 10, 2016