Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Since this is a new thread, I guess i'll ask here again:

Anyone find a fix for Windows 10 not putting monitors to sleep?

Ya this is the only problem I'm having with Windows 10 right now. I've found that my monitor will turn off if I'm signed out however. It's not a perfect solution but it'll do until they fix it.

edit: Just tried uninstalling Teamviewer, no change.

XYZ fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

ElrondHubbard posted:

This.

For people coming from 8.1, it's an improvement with the exception of bugs and missing features that they've promised to add in later. For people coming from 7, it's a lot more hit and miss.

Edit:
New cumulative update: KB3081436

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081436

Nice, this tried to install, then said "Unable to complete update,, undoing changes" and restarted 4-5 times.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

XYZ posted:

Nice, this tried to install, then said "Unable to complete update,, undoing changes" and restarted 4-5 times.

Ok I managed to get KB3081436 to install properly, I had to do the fix that some had to do to get KB3081424 to work, which was using regedit and going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and deleting an errant profile.

Other than that Windows 10 has been pretty good.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

edit: Attn: chocolateTHUNDER

Fixed what was causing my monitor to stay on despite my power settings, turns out its the "HID-compliant game controller" causing the problem. Disabled it and now everything works.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/12596-monitor-display-will-not-turn-off-4.html

XYZ fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 15, 2015