Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I'm trying to get Cortana to control VLC.
I managed to get halfway there, by learning that when you tell Cortana to play music, what's happening behind the scenes is that Windows creates a .wpl playlist and opens it in the default player for that file format, which by default is usually Groove. So, theoretically, if I can associate .wpl files with VLC, Cortana will play media in VLC by default.
Here's where I'm stuck. I'm using VLC for Windows Store. It doesn't show up in the list of available programs to associate it with .wpl in the Default Programs control panel. And since it's from Windows Store, it's not installed in a viewable directory, so I can't select it from the file explorer either (I managed to do this with an earlier, non-Windows-Store version of VLC, but I want to use the new modern interface).
How the gently caress do I associate this file type with VLC for Windows Store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU