Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Acid Reflux posted:

Just as an item of interest, the new Win 10 Dell desktop machine I bought to run my CNC router table doesn't even have a Windows key sticker on the case.

They haven't come with stickers in years since 8 really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

beejay posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

I imagine this is what is being referred to. It was a pretty big deal.

Regardless, you started off helpful in the last thread and then closer to release and after your replies have pretty much been snarky and non-helpful. I don't expect you to be the resident Microsoft Support guy, and I understand getting a bit defensive about your company and becoming annoyed, but perhaps you should thoughtfully prove people wrong if you're going to talk about these things at all.

In his defense people have started posting all sorts of tin foily poo poo copied straight from Reddit.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

d0s posted:

I'm starting to feel like MS set it up this way so people would have to shell out for Server to have a machine that doesn't reboot itself all the time. This poo poo is bananas

Don't assume grand conspiracy, where simple incompetence makes more sense.