Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Since you don't get a key, does this mean that after July 29th 2016 there will be no way to reactivate? If I buy a new motherboard in 2018, I'll have to choose between paying for 10 or reinstalling 7?

Edit: Having to pay for a license at that point doesn't seem super unreasonable, but I think I'd rather just pay money now and install with that key instead of dealing with the hassle down the road on the day that Windows decides my poo poo's not Genuine anymore.

I fully expect this one year free upgrade thing to be one of those things they just keep postponing indefinitely because there will be a shitstorm when people's computers are held hostage because they can't reactivate after an upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Tabbed file browsers are dumb.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

On the new fast ring Windows 10 preview with the built in Skype. I use Skype when playing GTA in friends, and the messaging app mutes Skype when I switch to GTA. And the old Skype app now crashes whenever I try to get in a call.

Anyway to get the audio to work in the background while playing games?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Some real computer janitoring going on in this thread.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

more like blunder