Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I was offered the free upgrade from within Windows 7 but I kept getting errors when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10. I stupidly wiped my 7 install and did a clean install of 10, which I was unable to activate because my old Windows 7 key didn't work. I wiped again and installed Windows 7 again, and now I no longer see the upgrade offer. Is there no hope of getting the free upgrade at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

I tried it again (that was what I used originally to try to upgrade) and now it doesn't even offer the choice to upgrade without entering a key. I would just contact Windows support but it's basically an infinitely long wait to actually talk to a human. I'll probably just stick to Windows 7 I guess, unless anyone else has an idea.