Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress this is bullshit. I suppose Automatic Update started running and botched the job on startup. So now when I reboot I get this idiotic error message "We're collecting information" that gets to 100% and sits there. Error code is 0xc000021a which corroborates my Automatic Update failure hypothesis. Trying sfc /scannow in command line just spews out bullshit about how a prior process is pending. Am I hosed and forced to format this bullshit? I don't own a Win10 cd or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Wait what the gently caress? I had to entirely format and reinstall on my SSD to fix the failed update. Using the revert to factory defaults poo poo even with a USB copy of Win10 loaded wasn't working, kept getting stuck at 10%. Now Windows is barking about not being activated. What the gently caress is the entire point of the Microsoft account if it's not retaining simple poo poo like the fact I activated?

Is this a loving joke? I have to install Windows 7 patch the gently caress out of then install Windows 10 from that? Why can't I just give the Windows 7 cd key and Microsoft says yep thats legit and activate? This is loving obtuse as poo poo.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know of a way to mount NFS shares on boot? Typing "Mount 192.168.1.xx:/Nfs N:" isn't difficult but I'd prefer to automate it. I tried using a batch script and that has failed. Anyone doing this willing to share how it's done?