Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur
So I goofed my upgrade by claiming and upgrading to Windows 10 days before upgrading my computer, and now of course Windows 10 won't activate. So far it's not really a big deal except for the grey "Activate Windows" overlay in the bottom right corner while I'm browsing or doing desktop work (goes away while gaming or watching movies full screen), but am I gonna get into a situation where Windows shuts down or stops letting me log in if I don't eventually activate it? Because I'm definitely not dropping $250 to get another key just because of a motherboard upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU