Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Depends. Some of it, like Defender, can only be turned off for a little while since there's no compelling reason not to run it or an alternative. What specific ones are you having trouble keeping off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

If your upgrading to Windows 10 there's no compelling reason to bother. Just do the upgrade as is.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

Anyone know of a good app that can let you read Word files (besides..you know...Word)? The normal Word app sucks at letting me enlarge text on my screen and whatnot.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/office-editing-for-docs-s/gbkeegbaiigmenfmjfclcdgdpimamgkj?hl=en

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What do you mean? You just double click and it opens like any other file. If you have the default set as something else just Open With Chrome.

Or do you mean stuff on OneDrive and it not working with them or something? I've never used it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

All Apps -> Steam -> Right click Steam -> Pin to start
Alternately: Start -> type Steam -> right click Steam -> Pin to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Can try uninstall/reinstall, especially if you did an upgrade and not a clean copy. Or you could try one of the fixes for regenerating your start menu from this thread.