Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.
Anyone else with a 4K monitor here? I have an issue that has carried over from Win7 where windows do not retain their sizes after the machine has gone to sleep.

I tend to pin windows to the left and right edges (so each one takes up 1920x2100-odd). Some Office apps seen to be OK but Chrome always ends up stuck to the top left corner. In addition, using Win+CL/CR only sizes those windows to quarter-screen top left/right rather than half screen left/right, until I use the mouse to drag them to the edge.

This is a clean install after upgrading, so there's no remnant of Win7 invoved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Has anyone else had a problem with Explorer not automatically refreshing files/folders? E.G.: you create a new folder and you have to manually refresh the window for it to show.

It was a semi-common problem in Win 7/8 that was easily fixed with a registry tweak, but in Win 10 that same registry key doesn't exist so you can't change it.

Not just you - during heavy copying sessions (eg lots of video from one HD to another) I get all kinds of weird things like blank folder names, switched file/folder names and the like.

Also: Winderp 10

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

r0ck0 posted:

Did you try robocopy.exe from powershell or command line?

Gah, I just dragged them in Explorer and left it going. :/