Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who shall win the Community Choice Award?!
This poll is closed.
Zero-Grab Kitty 13 10.57%
Go Fish! 4 3.25%
Sub Optimal 1 0.81%
All Senior Citizens Should Have Life Alert 15 12.20%
PZZL 8 6.50%
Coinless 1 0.81%
Conservation of Momentum 2 1.63%
Echo 4 3.25%
Critical Admission 4 3.25%
VectoRocket 9 7.32%
Impulse 34 27.64%
Sandlot Basenoball 1 0.81%
Slam Fighter II 27 21.95%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gunzil
Jan 1, 2010

JonTerp posted:

We have a new post mortem feature on the site! Once the judging ends (August 14th) you'll be able to submit a post mortem on the "Edit Game" Page.

Your post mortem will appear under the judges review, so you can get the final word on those mean corrupt vampire-men that call themselves judges.

That's legit cool and will motivate me to actually write a post-mortem this year! Any plans for letting users submit reviews of games as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunzil
Jan 1, 2010

Afal posted:

Really disappointed in the feedback. I would have at least thought that splitting the games so only one judge looked at the game would mean that you'd have some more detailed feedback but I guess if you end up with a judge that ends up not liking the game (even if other judges could have things to say about it) then I guess you're screwed. :smith:

Agreed, though in my case I got burned for not playtesting with strangers on different machines.

I think user reviews bound to the entry page Ludum-Dare style would help with this, then you can get feedback from other people without digging through the thread or personally asking people that played it.

I put a postmortem on my page for anyone interested. Good job everyone, congrats to winners and losers alike!

Gunzil fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 15, 2015

Gunzil
Jan 1, 2010

Afal posted:

XYZ

Things I liked:
  • This is pretty silly
  • Liked the "Field Cam" in the corner
  • Really like it when the physics get really goofy

Things I didn't like:
  • This was like the worst name for a game
  • This game is pretty hard on a keyboard
  • Starting cutscene dragged on a bit

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): 3D modelling is not the best
  • Control (Does the game control well?): On a keyboard not so much. It's a lot better on a controller
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): Coherent game title? Trousers clearly
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): Game looks extremely rough around the edges
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): Not that I'm aware?

Final Score: 2 out of 5 stars

Did anybody ever tell you to eXamine Your Zipper as a child? (I hadn't considered it might be a culture specific euphemism!)

Edit: And thanks for the feedback!

Gunzil fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 19, 2015

Gunzil
Jan 1, 2010

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I should probably do my bounty announcement as well!

Winner: XYZ
Not only does the gameplay revolve around your dong, it involves crowds of people peepin it. Nice.

Glad our game was able to excel at something, thanks! :woop:

dog kisser posted:

This was excellent fun - I hope I can do the next one!

Also - does Community Prize get a slot on the AwfulJams winners page, or is it more an informal thing?

Community prizes are self organized and usually posted / awarded through the thread. (It would be neat to see this supported in the future!)

• Locked thread