Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who shall win the Community Choice Award?!
This poll is closed.
Zero-Grab Kitty 13 10.57%
Go Fish! 4 3.25%
Sub Optimal 1 0.81%
All Senior Citizens Should Have Life Alert 15 12.20%
PZZL 8 6.50%
Coinless 1 0.81%
Conservation of Momentum 2 1.63%
Echo 4 3.25%
Critical Admission 4 3.25%
VectoRocket 9 7.32%
Impulse 34 27.64%
Sandlot Basenoball 1 0.81%
Slam Fighter II 27 21.95%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
This thread looks like it Shalinor just followed a tutorial for a SA GameDev Challenge thread and slapped a poll on the top.

Wall-of-shame!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I put up my post mortem for County Fair Figure 8 Racin'.

I will admit that I was disappointed when I didn't make it to the second round of judging and that I didn't get Best Unreal Engine 4, but I am still proud of the game that I made and I am very pleased that most people found it to be fun.

Hopefully I will be able to participate in SAGAMEDEV XI, time permitting.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Well, I HAD a post mortem written and posted, but it seems that if you hit the ready to submit button instead of the save button, it doesn't save your post.

edit: post mortem rewritten and saved.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 16, 2015

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Afal posted:

County Fair Figure 8 Racin

Things I liked:
  • Nice and short
  • Ragdoll Physics
  • It wasn't tank controls

Things I didn't like:
  • Paw seems like a bit of a jerk
  • In fact, take Paw out of the game and there's no difference
  • Is there any difference with the cars?

Paw only exist as the narrative on why you have to come in first place rather than allowing the player to finish in 2nd or 3rd place. I do think it is fair criticism to say that a REAL racing game shouldn't game over as soon as someone else comes in first place.

The cars all have the same AI, models, and attributes, but there is a 30% chance a car will be aggressive. Aggressive cars will actively try to run over the player, including backing up to hit you.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Afal posted:

I meant the car choices at the beginning, or is that just there to emphasise the gag?

Ah, no the 3 car choices are a misdirection gag. All three just start the game and have no effect on anything.

• Locked thread