Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I am waiting for it to unlock on steam and I'd be interested to know how that stuff works. In the previous games I only bothered learning how to make a basic 4-3-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Thanks for that Mecha.

I'm a bit concerned that PC version is going to be a lovely rehash rather than the full fat PS4 experience. Seems like a few people are moaning about the graphics already. I don't mind that so long as the new physics and AI are actually in the game.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
PC first impressions:

-The graphics are as bad as people are saying. Not sure how much SweetFX or different textures can fix this.
-Menus are slow and poo poo as usual.
-It does feel like a different game to 2015. The animations are different, for sure. The main thing is that tackles feel less binary. You can briefly lose the ball and get it back again by persisting.
-The transfers are comically out of date, not sure what's going on with that. I don't particularly care but I expect people are having meltdowns about it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Stepovers are good sometimes but rarely better than the traditional shot feint. Some strikers seem to have different feint animations in this so mileage varies.

I play superstar and the difference I notice is in how the AI defends through-balls. They're way more likely to intercept or follow the runner than on top player.

The new physics system makes slow powerful strikers quite useful for holding the ball up and enabling 1-2s on the edge of the area. Playing a master league as Elche and Bony has been a good signing.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Memphis Depay is an insanely good signing in this.

I like the team roles a lot. Provides a reason for playing more experienced players for the bonuses (General is particularly good) when their actual stats start to decline a bit. The bonuses for superstar are pretty piddly, though.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Negotiating transfers and player wages is better. The scout actually finds useful players sometimes. Players gain traits, skills, and nicknames as you develop them. Don't think that was possible in 2015.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The latter, you don't need to control them to train them. Just select a focus. I think they probably benefit more from playing time than the training, although I haven't checked to see if some turbonerd has made a spreadsheet somewhere.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The physics are super tight - the ball almost always looks like it's touching the boot/head properly on contact.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I bought regen Quaresma and he taught like half my team the rabona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I will likely post a couple times.

• Locked thread