Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poo poo has been pretty good since last we spoke. E3 was pretty successful as far as Games goes and the bonus is that the forums didn't take a massive poo poo and die for 3 weeks like they did last year so hooray on that. Tried a new thing with Derek Smart that backfired and made me look stupid because that rear end in a top hat got too popular with a bunch of gaming news sites regarding his Star Citizen battle and determined, probably correctly so, that posting here didn't serve him any purpose. Just know that I tried like mad to get that fucker to probate a bunch of you :(

Couple things I want to go over and then you guys can have the floor.

1) I think the biggest thing is that people are STILL posting about how many new posts they see and what their thoughts are on how many new posts there are, like forums Raymond Babbitts or whatever (its fine if you dont get this really bad joke about Rain Man). Please stop doing this!!!!

2) Reports are at a pretty good place. There's one particular dude that generates a bunch of reports pretty much on a daily basis out of the DOTA thread and I'm not gonna say his name (Love Stole the Day) but other than that everything is pretty good and a lot of people have gotten used to not always expecting a novel length post when it comes to video games for gently caress sakes

As always, feel free to post your concerns, gripes, suggestions, whatever. Please don't think that they go ignored because they don't. I'll try to address them the best I can and when it comes to suggestions or forums features or whatever I always pass them up to the admins or the big man himself to see if its something feasible

GO!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
it's been a good year for gaming and the games forum imo :peanut:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Kewpuh posted:

There's one particular dude that generates a bunch of reports pretty much on a daily basis out of the DOTA thread and I'm not gonna say his name (Love Stole the Day)
Can we see his excellent reports?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Are the forums allowing people to use crap like "u" now? I thought we were at least above that.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

ColdPie posted:

Are the forums allowing people to use crap like "u" now? I thought we were at least above that.

Is this a serious problem with rampant use that I've somehow missed because as far as I can tell maybe 2 or 3 people do it and it's usually ironic.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ColdPie posted:

u mite b but im not.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kewpuh posted:

Is this a serious problem with rampant use that I've somehow missed because as far as I can tell maybe 2 or 3 people do it and it's usually ironic.

It's probably just phone posting.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

I dunno. I definitely see it Unironically. Do you want reports, or is gamefaqs posting cool now?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
as a hardcore gamer i find that taking shortcuts when possible are important to maximize ur apm.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Normal Adult Human posted:

as a hardcore gamer i find that taking shortcuts when possible are important to maximize ur apm.

apm is where it's at, dont ya know?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Kewpuh posted:

Tried a new thing with Derek Smart that backfired and made me look stupid because that rear end in a top hat got too popular with a bunch of gaming news sites regarding his Star Citizen battle and determined, probably correctly so, that posting here didn't serve him any purpose. Just know that I tried like mad to get that fucker to probate a bunch of you :(

We need a dissertation length Smart Room postmortem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ColdPie posted:

I dunno. I definitely see it Unironically. Do you want reports, or is gamefaqs posting cool now?
this is more gamefaqs posting than using 'u', lol

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ColdPie posted:

do you realize how loving whiny you sound. who cares.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Guess that answers my question.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ColdPie posted:

glad we could help u out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Seriously though, if a post is worthless or unfunny it's going to be unfunny with or without proper grammar and spelling.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

ColdPie posted:

All I can go off is what I see in reports since it's not really feasible to see every post in every thread, and from what I have seen recently is maybe 1 report for Stux that mentioned his lovely typing. I elected to let it stand because it's Stux and he's a dumbass and I punish him a lot for other things that aren't really as minuscule as lovely typing

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Kewpuh posted:

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried a new thing with Derek Smart that backfired and made me look stupid because that rear end in a top hat got too popular with a bunch of gaming news sites regarding his Star Citizen battle and determined, probably correctly so, that posting here didn't serve him any purpose. Just know that I tried like mad to get that fucker to probate a bunch of you :(

If you don't try you'll never know, good effort; I think it only backfired because there didn't seem any posters in between people trying to have a discussion with smart or gbs posters badly trying to bait him.

Please keep trying new things

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I haven't actually seen any probation/ban posts in a long while now that I think on it. Wonder if that's more the moderation style, posters generally not being awful, or a lack of attention on my part :v:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Blacula posted:

We need a dissertation length Smart Room postmortem

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732645

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't actually seen any probation/ban posts in a long while now that I think on it. Wonder if that's more the moderation style, posters generally not being awful, or a lack of attention on my part :v:

I remember there was some effort for mods to be less picky a couple years ago. Probably it was the right move for the site's health, but it does mean shitposters like above go unpunished. Ah well, clearly I'm in the minority :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not a shitposter. every post i make comes from the heart.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's see the reports

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

Let's see the reports

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lol

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Not nearly as many as I was expecting in all honesty.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

My good pal SupSuper wants to know if I got any reports on me.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I think it'd be nice if all the ironic "fag" "AIDS" etc casual drops would go away again, or at least stay in Imp Zone. poo poo's not cool or funny. I'm not asking for a rule, just a suggestion to my fellow Games posters.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't know there was a lot of that honestly.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Static Rook posted:

I think it'd be nice if all the ironic "fag" "AIDS" etc casual drops would go away again, or at least stay in Imp Zone. poo poo's not cool or funny. I'm not asking for a rule, just a suggestion to my fellow Games posters.

Show me where that happens?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

What post, specifically please lol

Was it for calling Chinese people "insects" or what?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I love you kewpuh

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
It's not that rampant yet, actually. I've just noticed it happening a little more than before in some of the threads I usually check and am hoping it will just go away again without making a big thing about it. I check mostly PS centric stuff, so the PS4 thread, PS Store thread, sometimes the Destiny thread. The Vita thread is its own monster that I actually like, it's almost a sharktank thread at this point so whatever.

Again, just noticing more of it here and there and hoping people can chill on it a little.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Static Rook posted:

It's not that rampant yet, actually. I've just noticed it happening a little more than before in some of the threads I usually check and am hoping it will just go away again without making a big thing about it. I check mostly PS centric stuff, so the PS4 thread, PS Store thread, sometimes the Destiny thread. The Vita thread is its own monster that I actually like, it's almost a sharktank thread at this point so whatever.

Again, just noticing more of it here and there and hoping people can chill on it a little.

You have AIDS

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

People should post however they want to post in my humble opinion.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

There's still quite a few "gas" posts from time to time. I also haven't seen Crafty in the Other Xbox One thread in a long time, and I'm worried about him. He might have heard about the RAM.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

content matters more than form

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Black Baby Goku posted:

What post, specifically please lol

Was it for calling Chinese people "insects" or what?
People just hate on your double/triple posting prowess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

:synpa:

• Locked thread