Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kewpuh posted:

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poo poo has been pretty good since last we spoke. E3 was pretty successful as far as Games goes and the bonus is that the forums didn't take a massive poo poo and die for 3 weeks like they did last year so hooray on that. Tried a new thing with Derek Smart that backfired and made me look stupid because that rear end in a top hat got too popular with a bunch of gaming news sites regarding his Star Citizen battle and determined, probably correctly so, that posting here didn't serve him any purpose. Just know that I tried like mad to get that fucker to probate a bunch of you :(

Couple things I want to go over and then you guys can have the floor.

1) I think the biggest thing is that people are STILL posting about how many new posts they see and what their thoughts are on how many new posts there are, like forums Raymond Babbitts or whatever (its fine if you dont get this really bad joke about Rain Man). Please stop doing this!!!!

2) Reports are at a pretty good place. There's one particular dude that generates a bunch of reports pretty much on a daily basis out of the DOTA thread and I'm not gonna say his name (Love Stole the Day) but other than that everything is pretty good and a lot of people have gotten used to not always expecting a novel length post when it comes to video games for gently caress sakes

As always, feel free to post your concerns, gripes, suggestions, whatever. Please don't think that they go ignored because they don't. I'll try to address them the best I can and when it comes to suggestions or forums features or whatever I always pass them up to the admins or the big man himself to see if its something feasible

GO!!!!

forums Rayman Rabbids

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fungah! posted:

lol shameful

The awful app doesnt show number of repies and i miscounted

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

fuckin ban this piece of poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

fuckin ban this piece of poo poo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
semper games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

Seriously though, if a post is worthless or unfunny it's going to be unfunny with or without proper grammar and spelling.

exactly.

I think Games is a pretty good forum right now, but I only read the chat thread and like 3 others. :shobon:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Games is far more readable now than when I first joined. I still love me some megathreads and gigantic OP's though.

Also because of the more relaxed rules, its easier to see :qq: careposts from the rest now.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Black Baby Goku posted:

What post, specifically please lol

Was it for calling Chinese people "insects" or what?

ya all the china posts from the dota tourney thread or whatever

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Games is pretty darn good. Even the regular Dota thread is tolerable and has actual discussion more often than not.

I will say I've seen posts like:

"Mods?!!"

More recently and they are always a waste of space.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kewpuh posted:

ya all the china posts from the dota tourney thread or whatever

thank you

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
posted this last time that we had this thread but im very appreciative of the tolerance for the lack of grammar and punctuation in these Freedom Forums <3

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ty kewpuh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I dunno. I definitely see it Unironically. Do you want reports, or is gamefaqs posting cool now?

sfhut thes gently caress upl

Kewpuh posted:

All I can go off is what I see in reports since it's not really feasible to see every post in every thread, and from what I have seen recently is maybe 1 report for Stux that mentioned his lovely typing. I elected to let it stand because it's Stux and he's a dumbass and I punish him a lot for other things that aren't really as minuscule as lovely typing

who was it

Nasgate posted:

Games is pretty darn good. Even the regular Dota thread is tolerable and has actual discussion more often than not.

I will say I've seen posts like:

"Mods?!!"

More recently and they are always a waste of space.

mods

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyway my suggestions

ban PC game discusisoon rhere is a thread in yospos for such fail posts

getrid of the "real" cbone thread assit is a potitnless waste of time

close imp zone

thank

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stux posted:

anyway my suggestions

close imp zone

thank

:nallears:

But anyway except for the occasional autismo progidy that pops up in a thread, I like that Games is still much more casual but on-topic. Both of the Dota threads are a freaking AIDS haven but really, who cares? Thanks and god bless.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

My proposal is that all threads should be like the Vita thread.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Static Rook posted:

I think it'd be nice if all the ironic "fag" "AIDS" etc casual drops would go away again, or at least stay in Imp Zone. poo poo's not cool or funny. I'm not asking for a rule, just a suggestion to my fellow Games posters.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Stux posted:

anyway my suggestions

close imp zone

thank

Are you able to tie your own shoes?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ban Stux.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Junpei Hyde posted:

My proposal is that all threads should be like the Vita thread.

while we're at it, gas the vita thread please

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Baal posted:

I need it, as I play Vita games.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Baal posted:

The gently caress man?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Baal posted:

imo gassing threads and telling people to take certain discussions to divvied up threads and poo poo is bad and dumb. i dont like the idea of controlling the natural flow of a conversation which is what a forum basically is and i especially dont like the idea of squashing something games related that people want to post about, regardless of whether i think theyre all dork nerds (xbox one sharktank guys) or not. i think my favorite thing about the sharktank thread or the star citizen thread or any other thread that may have been gassed in the past is that the posters within them are more often than not incredibly well behaved and that makes me extremely happy. i also love that i see virtually zero reports come out of those threads

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Games is chill and it definitely made the transition to being more laid-back successfully without devolving into a GBS-esque midlife crisis of trying to be edgy and bitter as possible.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

Games is chill and it definitely made the transition to being more laid-back successfully without devolving into a GBS-esque midlife crisis of trying to be edgy and bitter as possible.

Might be because people actually have stuff to talk about here.

Sometimes threads turn into a shitfest but that's usually because there's nothing to talk about, e.g Starbound thread and Fallout 4 thread, we get the posts we deserve in those.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kewpuh posted:

imo gassing threads and telling people to take certain discussions to divvied up threads and poo poo is bad and dumb. i dont like the idea of controlling the natural flow of a conversation which is what a forum basically is and i especially dont like the idea of squashing something games related that people want to post about, regardless of whether i think theyre all dork nerds (xbox one sharktank guys) or not. i think my favorite thing about the sharktank thread or the star citizen thread or any other thread that may have been gassed in the past is that the posters within them are more often than not incredibly well behaved and that makes me extremely happy. i also love that i see virtually zero reports come out of those threads

We live in a world where the Dota thread is way more toxic and retarded than the Kickstarter AIDS thread and the Xbox Has Wrong Ram MEGAThread.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

We live in a world where the Dota thread is way more toxic and retarded than the Kickstarter AIDS thread and the Xbox Has Wrong Ram MEGAThread.

the dota thread has always been toxic. nothing will ever change that. water is wet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kewpuh posted:

the dota thread has always been toxic. nothing will ever change that. water is wet

I've never worked it out, is it the posters in there being generally terrible already, does something about the game and discussion of it make them terrible, a mix of the two, or what?

I know MOBAs or whatever we call them now make people horrible while playing them but I'd like to think that wouldn't translate into their posting oh who am I kidding :smith:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

I've never worked it out, is it the posters in there being generally terrible already, does something about the game and discussion of it make them terrible, a mix of the two, or what?

I know MOBAs or whatever we call them now make people horrible while playing them but I'd like to think that wouldn't translate into their posting oh who am I kidding :smith:

Its weird because except for the weirdos who only post in the dota threads, the insanely terrible posting mostly stays there. Mostly

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Its because people who play MOBAs hate themselves, its why they keep playing.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Its weird because except for the weirdos who only post in the dota threads, the insanely terrible posting mostly stays there. Mostly

People tend to communicate at the level of the community they're in. College kids who make rape jokes with their friends probably don't say those things at their work place. It's part of why SA is such a great place to be. Even with the recent relaxation, we maintain relatively high standards and kick out those who don't meet them. If the DOTA thread has lower standards or less moderation, folks will post like poo poo there because that's the level of that community.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the DOTA thread should be moved from forum to forum every day picking up posts from everywhere to just further add to it's angry and confused nature.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

the thread is just a reflection of the moba community. a game that locks you into a 40 minute+ battle with 4 strangers is going to lead to a lot of anger. people want to post about mobas though and they pay 10 bucks so they should be able to and we've had enough time to look at it and understand that theres always going to be hostility in them so its best to just let the thread ride it out which its managed to do pretty well to this point

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

also

:ssj:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Every poster should get their own sub forum imo.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hahahahaha

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Your name is Chris?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

make derek smart mod the dota thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU