Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stux posted:

anyway my suggestions

ban PC game discusisoon rhere is a thread in yospos for such fail posts

getrid of the "real" cbone thread assit is a potitnless waste of time

close imp zone

thank

:nallears:

But anyway except for the occasional autismo progidy that pops up in a thread, I like that Games is still much more casual but on-topic. Both of the Dota threads are a freaking AIDS haven but really, who cares? Thanks and god bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kewpuh posted:

imo gassing threads and telling people to take certain discussions to divvied up threads and poo poo is bad and dumb. i dont like the idea of controlling the natural flow of a conversation which is what a forum basically is and i especially dont like the idea of squashing something games related that people want to post about, regardless of whether i think theyre all dork nerds (xbox one sharktank guys) or not. i think my favorite thing about the sharktank thread or the star citizen thread or any other thread that may have been gassed in the past is that the posters within them are more often than not incredibly well behaved and that makes me extremely happy. i also love that i see virtually zero reports come out of those threads

We live in a world where the Dota thread is way more toxic and retarded than the Kickstarter AIDS thread and the Xbox Has Wrong Ram MEGAThread.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

I've never worked it out, is it the posters in there being generally terrible already, does something about the game and discussion of it make them terrible, a mix of the two, or what?

I know MOBAs or whatever we call them now make people horrible while playing them but I'd like to think that wouldn't translate into their posting oh who am I kidding :smith:

Its weird because except for the weirdos who only post in the dota threads, the insanely terrible posting mostly stays there. Mostly

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sigma-X posted:

Was the GBS change in response to the decline or prior to it?

I know I started using Reddit because there's no "general news / interests" forum here anymore. GBS used to be my landing page because if there was something that was interesting to general goons it would be interesting to me, but now it's just FYAD-lite and if I wanted idiot racism and misrepresentation of news articles I would go to fox news.

This guy and people like him are why Games is awesome.

• Locked thread