Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ColdPie posted:

Are the forums allowing people to use crap like "u" now? I thought we were at least above that.

u mite b but im not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I always figured that the biggest cause of forums decline was bullshit like 'real life' and the real problem of the forums was simply that growth is hard and the internet is fickle.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

All the self loathing doesn't really help. Every goon hates every other goon and everything goony and generally refuses to talk about goony poo poo in real life, because yea, it's lame and tacky. Most of Reddit has no such qualms though, and well, that's how sites attract new people.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get why some people are so adverse to seeing posts more than a paragraph long but I think the forum is in a good place overall right now.

why make many word when few word do

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Jon Do posted:

Games is pretty good lately! With the exception of the Chat threads repeatedly devolving into shitposters arguing with each other. Which is quite an acceptable loss.

We mostly need more good games to be released (Q3/4, I'm looking at you) to talk about. Stagnation of the forum is less of an issue because in a lot of ways major releases have slowed and stagnated.

It's gonna be a little slow up until November, and then it's gonna get nuts

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

mgs5's in like two weeks and then mario maker's two weeks after that. welcome to the future

well, yea but that's compared to november's Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Star Wars Battlefront, and Xcom 2 and then JC3 and Xenoblade the first week of december, and then there's 'smaller' titles like Anno, Need for speed, and trackmania.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I agree, MGS V and mario maker are probably both better than anything on the list, but nov/dec is just dense and will make me into a poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Stux posted:

the cells of your brain are made of the xbox one bad ram

Is it something like this?

• Locked thread