Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Are the forums allowing people to use crap like "u" now? I thought we were at least above that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

Is this a serious problem with rampant use that I've somehow missed because as far as I can tell maybe 2 or 3 people do it and it's usually ironic.

I dunno. I definitely see it Unironically. Do you want reports, or is gamefaqs posting cool now?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Guess that answers my question.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't actually seen any probation/ban posts in a long while now that I think on it. Wonder if that's more the moderation style, posters generally not being awful, or a lack of attention on my part :v:

I remember there was some effort for mods to be less picky a couple years ago. Probably it was the right move for the site's health, but it does mean shitposters like above go unpunished. Ah well, clearly I'm in the minority :)

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Its weird because except for the weirdos who only post in the dota threads, the insanely terrible posting mostly stays there. Mostly

People tend to communicate at the level of the community they're in. College kids who make rape jokes with their friends probably don't say those things at their work place. It's part of why SA is such a great place to be. Even with the recent relaxation, we maintain relatively high standards and kick out those who don't meet them. If the DOTA thread has lower standards or less moderation, folks will post like poo poo there because that's the level of that community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

• Locked thread