Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Idk he seems pretty good at bilking millions from dumb white liberals, that takes a certain level of competence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

rscott posted:

Idk he seems pretty good at bilking millions from dumb white liberals, that takes a certain level of competence

true

or blidn autistic fervor that looks like competence

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I liked lessig better when he was doc brown and ranting about the founding fathers to Belorussians

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Lessig subreddit removed downvoting. If they can't win on reddit of all loving places, how do they expect to win the 1% needed to get into a debate?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
they are trash and i dont want to hear about them ever again

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MrBims posted:

Lessig subreddit removed downvoting. If they can't win on reddit of all loving places, how do they expect to win the 1% needed to get into a debate?

his funding hasn't budged much since his reddit ama and he has 8 days left to get 418 grand. i mean some silicon valley type will probably save him but it would be quite nice if he didnt even get his first million after mayone.us managed to get 12 mil (and waste it all)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Top City Homo posted:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Lol Bernie's e-presence is v strong

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

his funding hasn't budged much since his reddit ama and he has 8 days left to get 418 grand. i mean some silicon valley type will probably save him but it would be quite nice if he didnt even get his first million after mayone.us managed to get 12 mil (and waste it all)

He is less than 300k away just a day later. We can't be surprised when he gets it, but the 1% debate thing will kill him for sure (good)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Top City Homo posted:

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Duckbag posted:

So did we ever figure out if Lessig is actually mentally ill or just running a con? His messages are decently formatted and use complete sentences with lots of good buzzwords, but everything is... off. He'll act like he's answering a question, but respond with a complete non sequitur. He keeps huffily insisting that his "Referendum Presidency (tm)" means he doesn't have to deal with every other issue, but won't say who will be dealing with this stuff. A POTUS and CIC will have a thousand decisions to make before he's even sworn in. You can't just ignore cabinet appointments, diplomatic postings, military decision-making, and everything else just because they're not your preferred issue. Who is he trying it kid (besides clueless single-issue liberals)?

I also find it hilarious that he keeps getting annoyed with people for asking questions about his vague non-plan he already touched on them in his announcement.

No, its just that his ego is too massive to allow any kind of doubts to make him question his ridiculous plan. He is sort of like the left-wing Trump in that regard. If only there was a way to force Mexico to pay for getting Citizens United overturned.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Are you suggesting that he con'd himself before moving on to the rest of us?

If so, you really have to wonder who these people are who are saying, "That's right, Larry, you're brilliant! You've got it all figured out! Let's go raise millions of dollars!"

Is he working with Jack Abramoff again?

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Duckbag posted:

I can't believe that this man's plan is to be a less effective William Henry Harrison.

Hi friends, I just want to say that I've really been enjoying this Election Erection thread a lot. This thread in general and the post by Duckbag I quoted especially have made me feel inspired to use Microsoft Paint to create a picture collage featuring William Henry Harrison and Brian Boyko and the Lessig 2016 campaign logo. I've attached this picture collage to this post.

Enjoy, and many thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

I wish brony boitano would come back. he was p great.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3zGpUqtxU
can't take this dude serious with that bird hair and tiny glasses
he sounds like his balls are gettin squeezed

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Lessig to the world: "Hey, I really only care about this one internal thing here, so if you could just not do anything lovely until I get that sorted out and get someone willing to deal with your stuff in office, I'd really appreciate it."

A winning platform!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

his glasses are so small

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

HE'S IN!

http://www.ibtimes.com/election-2016-harvards-lawrence-lessig-scores-1-million-democratic-presidential-run-2084837

https://lessigforpresident.com/

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/larry-lessig-announces-running-president-33569612

HUGE PUBES A PLUS has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Sep 6, 2015

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i hope lawrence lessig dies of a heart attack or a stroke today

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

How do people still give this guy money?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

CheeseSpawn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

CheeseSpawn posted:

Can you not read? Dinner with Larry loving Lessig man.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

CheeseSpawn posted:

Bernie Sanders is too mainstream

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

"Fora Chance" sounds like the name of a french lounge singer.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Also, late breaking news: Cenk Uygur is politically illiterate.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Duckbag posted:

he also has no charisma with most of his talks "summarizing" video clips in a meandering sneering voice

thanks pal id rather just watch the loving 2 minute clip instead of watch you ramble on for 20 minutes

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Duckbag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3zGpUqtxU

Behold peak stupid in action.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I remember back when Larry had a supporting role in Goofy movies.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

I remember back when Larry had a supporting role in Goofy movies.

I think that is the million dollars in his hand.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

Duckbag posted:

No but you see he is a 'millennial', therefore

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I always was vaguely aware of Lessig as "that professor activist guy who had some ideas on how to fix the broken system that ultimately went nowhere. And Christopher Lloyd played him on The West Wing".

Only this thread made me aware of this Brian Boyko guy and the weird drama he stirred up. And how Lessig wasted a lot of money.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lessig 2016 subreddit is celebrating an important milestone:

Lessig in Iowa Poll released today: 0% 1st choice, but 1% 2nd choice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lessig2016/comments/3lymvm/lessig_in_iowa_poll_released_today_0_1st_choice/

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lol i should register a reddit account just to troll that but it feels like stomping kittens so nah

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
From there: loving LOL

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2015/9/29/staff-larry-lessig-campaign/

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
so is lessig gonna show up at the debates

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lessig 2016 subreddit is celebrating an important milestone:

Lessig in Iowa Poll released today: 0% 1st choice, but 1% 2nd choice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lessig2016/comments/3lymvm/lessig_in_iowa_poll_released_today_0_1st_choice/

Please check out the moderators on that subreddit.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

HMS Beagle posted:

Please check out the moderators on that subreddit.

:ohdear:

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

there's something unspeakably tragic about a grown man who thinks internet spitballing is the best way to make major life decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Rockin' politico.com, it's Lawrence Lessig, with the incredibly important message of..."I'm Trying to Run For President, But The Democrats Won't Let Me".

Wow, and what's this? It's the FOURTH most read story on politico.com? Sounds to me like someone's campaign is back in the race!

(Seriously? This is your idea of a gamechanger, Lessig? I get the idea — let me in the debates, I claim to have at least 1% of the vote and represent an important potential policy plank — but it just comes off whiny.)

• Locked thread