Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
He's the only one really trying to fix the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Kanthulhu posted:

I think Lessig is legit and a good candidate.

Well that makes two of you, at least.

Kanthulhu posted:

He's the only one really trying to fix the system.

Lol no.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
Huckabee's trying to fix the system by bringing back slavery, don't denigrate his efforts :(

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

stephenfry posted:

Huckabee's trying to fix the system by bringing back slavery, don't denigrate his efforts :(

I hear he's having some difficulty getting his message across lately.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

variety posted:

Lessig reported raising just over $1 million in the most recent quarter ended Sept. 30, with contributors including director J.J. Abrams, TED curator Chris Anderson, director Davis Guggenheim and former FCC chairman Julius Genachowski.

Goddamn, that's like a who's who of worthless Hollywood/Bay area liberals.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Larry Lessig went insane, sorry for your and our loss

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Clearly it's the rest of the world that's gone nuts and he's the only sane man left.

If only the rest of us would just listen to him...

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Duckbag posted:

Clearly it's the rest of the world that's gone nuts and he's the only sane man left.

If only the rest of us would just listen to him...

but his voice is nasally and whiny

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
'Why won't anyone listen to me???', says man with no political track record besides a disastrous and somewhat suspect foray into PAC funding last year. 'Why won't people vote for me?', he plaintively cries, wondering why the fact he wrote a book about politics once doesn't seem to count for much. 'Why?', he moans, reflecting upon one book on code being law, and another on how he lost a copyright case, while making some notes for his next book on how running for office sucks.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
i wanna see lessig pull a lincoln chafee at the debates

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

point of return posted:

i wanna see lessig pull a lincoln chafee at the debates

Get there, say something stupid, and then just sorta stay quiet for the rest of it?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Lessig has dropped out without any sort of notice, showing that he's even a failure at being a failed candidate. What a loving worthless man.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Nu-uh he did a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4IsqmMqCEo

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Wanamingo posted:

Get there, say something stupid, and then just sorta stay quiet for the rest of it?

You forgot about dropping out afterwards, but yes.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Hahahahahajahahahaha. Bet you he's already got the book deal agreed.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

point of return posted:

You forgot about dropping out afterwards, but yes.

looks like he didn't even need to be in a debate to drop out though

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Pesmerga posted:

Hahahahahajahahahaha. Bet you he's already got the book deal agreed.

If this is true, at least he's a better grifter-politician than Huckabee.

I can't believe how whiny Lessig got! Boo hoo, I have to poll at one percent for 3 more weeks? Nooooo impossible.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Lessig is the political equivalent of a kickstarter scam

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Rocks posted:

Lessig is the political equivalent of a kickstarter scam

lol at all the people who gave him money at least twice. For his Mayday PAC and his nomination entrance.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

:cawg:

So much for transforming politics.

I wonder what he did with the million dollars.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Teddybear posted:

Lessig has dropped out without any sort of notice, showing that he's even a failure at being a failed candidate. What a loving worthless man.

Man, if student Brian Boyko hadn't already lost faith in democracy, this would totally be the thing that did it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hmm was that the wind just now?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
If Colbert does a glorified Hunger Games sketch for Lessig like he did for Perry, Walker, Webb, and Chafee, it'll be the most exposure Lessig 2016 will ever have.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Wow, those big bad Democrats won't play fair! I quit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyxRyAG5ryQ

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

tubes of the internet

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I wonder what's going to happen to the money he raised. And whether they'll be looking closer into the allegations that he hadn't actually reached $1 million according to filings at the point when he declared.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pesmerga posted:

I wonder what's going to happen to the money he raised. And whether they'll be looking closer into the allegations that he hadn't actually reached $1 million according to filings at the point when he declared.

i hope he is arrested for fraud and being a big headed whiny baby

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

how many times can brian boyko lose faith in america before committing mass murder

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my guess is that lessing will now found his own Hacking Democracy Party to swindle a few mil more from silicon valley retards and run a few third party candidates in local races and lose horribly

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

my guess is that lessing will now found his own Hacking Democracy Party to swindle a few mil more from silicon valley retards and run a few third party candidates in local races and lose horribly

lessing may be a dumb babby but i am all for him bilking retard techies and vcs for millions

those folks can stand to be humbled

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
it is shocking, truly shocking that a man supported by student brian boyko crashed and burned running for the position of the most powerful elected office on Earth

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Were any of his followers actually deluded enough to think he had a chance at winning?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Wanamingo posted:

Were any of his followers actually deluded enough to think he had a chance at winning?

:gary:

hth

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Duckbag posted:

:cawg:

So much for transforming politics.

I wonder what he did with the million dollars.

You think Brian Boyko works for peanuts?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Top City Homo posted:

it is shocking, truly shocking that a man supported by student brian boyko crashed and burned running for the position of the most powerful elected office on Earth

brian boyko is the voice of a generation

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Wanamingo posted:

Cenk Uyger of The Young Turks, although apparently Lessig was one of his professors at college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I want to know more about the money. If it's anything like the MAYDAY PAC THAT WILL FIX GOVERNMENT :byodood: it should be hilarious

• Locked thread