Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Colbert bids farewell to... who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

stoutfish posted:

brian boyko is the voice of a generation

Student Brian Boyko has lost even more faith in America.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

That was brilliant, especially when he poured the glass of champagne back into the bottle.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

lessing may be a dumb babby but i am all for him bilking retard techies and vcs for millions

those folks can stand to be humbled

Come to the bitcoin thread, we have such wonders to show you.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

You think Brian Boyko works for peanuts?

Well that or any sort of food, really. Dude doesn't strike me as the picky eater type.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

You think Brian Boyko works for peanuts?

If you stuffed enough of them down his gullet sure

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i dunno if peanuts is his type of cartoon tbh

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Not enough ponies in a peanuts cartoon.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really hate looking at his forehead

I hate a lot of things after watching that video.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

I hate a lot of things after watching that video.

For some reason a single issue wasn't able to keep Hans Moleman in the primary process

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Man, if student Brian Boyko hadn't already lost faith in democracy, this would totally be the thing that did it.

Marketing communications consultant Brian Boyko. :colbert:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I have no clue what 'hunger games' is other than colberts thing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Baloogan posted:

I have no clue what 'hunger games' is other than colberts thing.

American adaptation of Japanese cult classic novel Battle Royale. Bunch of teens have to murder each other until there's only one standing.

And I guess the later bits of the HG trilogy have some politics or something, who cares.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I never seen a HG movie and never will.

I just like it whenever Colbert has an excuse to ham it up. :allears:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

American adaptation of Japanese cult classic novel Battle Royale. Bunch of teens have to murder each other until there's only one standing.

And I guess the later bits of the HG trilogy have some politics or something, who cares.
from a marketing standpoint that's the heritage, but actually https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games#Origins_and_publishing_history it's just another universe created out of reality television fearmongering

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Echo Chamber posted:

I never seen a HG movie and never will.

I just like it whenever Colbert has an excuse to ham it up. :allears:

Colbert owns, I loved his recent Lord of the Rings meltdown over scientists using the wrong reference when they name a new spider.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oh i liked battle royale book (translation) and movie

still pretty confused about whatever colbert is on about.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Baloogan posted:

oh i liked battle royale book (translation) and movie

still pretty confused about whatever colbert is on about.

It's a contest where the winner lives and everyone else dies. The people putting on the contest all dress in extravagant, flamboyant outfits. That's about all there is to the joke.

The "Battle Royale ripoff" is a joke too.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-i-ran-for-president

:qq: No-one supported me and Bernie woudn't make my hobby horses the sole focus of his campaign, this proves democracy is rigged. :qq:

When someone used the word "reform" in a vague sense 24 times in a short essay, you know it'll be good.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Dude has the charisma of kelp and he's pointing fingers lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what a loving tardo

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
He clearly never wanted the job in its entirety. Just endorse Bernie already you infant.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

stephenfry posted:

He clearly never wanted the job in its entirety. Just endorse Bernie already you infant.

That will be revealed in part 5 of "Why I ran just so I could make money and increase my personal brand, so much that NYT is paying me for articles"

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
at one point i complained like a human being baby about how it was really hard to lose the money from being a professor by running this campaign and all i really want to do is write another book about this thing i am doing now and how i squandered 13 million dollars on radio ads despite achieving only an increase in the likelihood of pileups by putting drivers to sleep with my whiny droning voice

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol at lessig continuing to be whiny baby

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
Ive been studying and following politics closely now for like 12 years and this this the first time I'm ever heard of this Lessig guy. In my mind Vermin Supreme is a more viable candidate.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I looked up Lessig and I agree with most of what he says about copyright law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

Ive been studying and following politics closely now for like 12 years and this this the first time I'm ever heard of this Lessig guy. In my mind Vermin Supreme is a more viable candidate.

It didn't make it into Lessig's platform, but "When I'm president, everyone gets a free pony" was a plank aggressively advocated by one of his long-time supporters.

• Locked thread