Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Didn't The Young Turks jerk this guy off surprisingly hard, too? I remember some legitimate mainstream source was blowing him and his dumb 'no see if you make a SuperPAC for ME, then I'LL stop superPACs, with your SuperPAC money! Get money out of politics by putting money in my politics!"

Yeah, given how smart Cenk usually is about US politics (and only US politics, his understanding of world affairs leaves much to be desired) it was quite disappointing to see him supporting Lessig's schemes that are inferior in every way to already existing ideas from serious politicians and organizations (e.g. Sanders, and to a lesser extent even Cenk's own Wolf-PAC). I think Cenk and Larry are friends in real life so TYT's coverage on him is inherently biased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Duckbag posted:

So did we ever figure out if Lessig is actually mentally ill or just running a con? His messages are decently formatted and use complete sentences with lots of good buzzwords, but everything is... off. He'll act like he's answering a question, but respond with a complete non sequitur. He keeps huffily insisting that his "Referendum Presidency (tm)" means he doesn't have to deal with every other issue, but won't say who will be dealing with this stuff. A POTUS and CIC will have a thousand decisions to make before he's even sworn in. You can't just ignore cabinet appointments, diplomatic postings, military decision-making, and everything else just because they're not your preferred issue. Who is he trying it kid (besides clueless single-issue liberals)?

I also find it hilarious that he keeps getting annoyed with people for asking questions about his vague non-plan he already touched on them in his announcement.

No, its just that his ego is too massive to allow any kind of doubts to make him question his ridiculous plan. He is sort of like the left-wing Trump in that regard. If only there was a way to force Mexico to pay for getting Citizens United overturned.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Pesmerga posted:

Yet loved by the press, tech nerds, and those academics that actually thought lessig was saying anything interesting in Code.

For a second you made me think that Lessig was in fact Charles Petzold. Not cool.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Is there an actual link to a story you can share with us? I'd rather not get my information from screencaps.

In any case, they should have let Lessig into the debate as a simple matter of principle, where he would have confirmed his total irrelevance in light of Bernie's candidacy.

• Locked thread